Are you a SEN LSA looking to develop a career working with children and young people with autism?
Do you want to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with Autism?
The SEN school is an Ofsted Outstanding non-maintained special school, providing support and education to over 95 pupils. The school is looking for Teaching and Behavioural support staff, with a passion for working with children and young people, aged 4-19, in particular those who may have received all manner of set-backs in and outside of education.
Working as a SEN LSA at The SEN school you will:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions using a behavioural approach (PBS).
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive
- You will need to be well organised, have good planning skills, an appreciation of health & safety in the workplace along with a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who sometimes present with behaviours that challenge.
- Working at the SEN school, they offer a wide range of financial and well being benefits, such as:
- Competitive annual salary, Paid over 52 weeks
- Pension scheme
- Free healthy breakfast every day
- Continuous professional development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised classes and activities: such as Yoga, Zumba, Running Clubs and Book clubs
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Reeson Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Reeson Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Reeson Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.