SEN TA (PMLD)
- Special Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA)
- Experience of PMLD Required
- Excellent School in Zone 3 Barnet
- Minimum 1 Year Assignment
- September Start
- £70 - £85 per day
- Online Interviews ASAP
We are currently working with a fantastic friendly Barnet SEN school which is looking to appoint an SEN TA to join a lovely PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties) class from September. The school have been managing a move to a brand new site for September with brand new state of the art facilities alongside the obvious difficulties of the last few months. All of which has left the recruitment of an SEN TA for this lovely class down the agenda. This means however that they are very keen to make an appointment ASAP and are happy to make an appointment based on an online interview.
The SEN TA Job
Special Needs Teaching Assistants (SEN TA) support students with special educational needs (SEN) in the classroom as directed by an SEN teacher in order to help pupils succeed with their learning. You will be working with students aged with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) as they access a sensory based curriculum tailored to their own particular needs.
Your duties as an SEN TA could include:
- Attending to the personal needs of pupils including the implementation of personal learning programmes that may include social, health, physical, hygiene and welfare objectives.
- Supervise and support children in their access of learning.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to the needs of each individual child.
- To actively promote inclusive practice within the classroom setting to ensure acceptance of all children.
- Encourage children to play and interact with one another.
- Encourage children to engage in, and participate in learning activities lead by the class teacher.
- To encourage children to act independently as appropriate
- Assist other staff in delivering programmes of work devised by other professionals including; physio programmes and positioning of children, speech and language therapy programmes, occupational therapy programmes.
- Providing appropriate levels of intervention with regard to incidents of challenging behaviour within a PMLD setting
The SEN School
The post is based ins a special needs school with a Jewish ethos which caters for pupils aged 4 -19 years based in Barnet but welcoming pupils from a much wider area. Staff are not expected to be Jewish and the school is multicultural in terms of staffing, all that is expected is that staff are respectful and sympathetic to the ethos.
This is a very exciting time for the move to a new building which will accommodate 70 pupils and provide a wide range of facilities. Their vision is one of excellence as they aim to provide every pupil with learning opportunities throughout the school day and beyond by challenging and supporting them to make progress.
The successful SEN TA candidate should:
- Have a minimum of two years SEN school experience ideally in a PMLD setting
- Ideally would have a minimum of CACHE Level 2 qualification
- Have knowledge and experience with personal care, medical needs, filling PT programmes and the use of the hydro pool.
- Have experience of delivering a sensory curriculum.
- Be a patient and positive role model for children
- Knowledge of PECS and the EYFS framework would be an advantage.
- Excellent in work training - including extensive inset training in September
- Opportunity to have teacher training funded by the school
- Good rates of pay
- Friendly supportive environment
If you feel that you meet the requirements for these vacancies then please submit your CV along with a brief supporting statement.