- East London SEN School
- KS4 SEN Teacher - PMLD Class
- September Start
- Interviewing ASAP
The SEN Teacher Job
I am currently looking for an SEN teacher who is experienced working with students with profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) to join a top SEN school in East London. The school are seeking to appoint a quality SEN teacher to join their team from September to teach a mixed KS4 class for the 2022/2033 academic year in the first instance. The Headteacher has however indicated that a permanent contract is not out of the question for an outstanding applicant.
This highly regarded and heavily oversubscribed East London SEN school is well served by public transport with train and bus links only 2-3 minute's walk away. The school itself is an OfSTED outstanding special needs all through school providing primary and secondary education to children with severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties. The school is based on a modern and easily accessible East London campus in zone 2, facilities are state of the art and are well maintained. The school provides for children and young people aged between 3 and 16 who have severe learning difficulties and autism, through to PMLD classes like this one. Parking is very limited but the exceptional public transport links mean that their current permanent staff fail from all over London and even out as far as Hertfordshire, Essex and Kent.
Role and Responsibilities
The role will require leading, delivering and coordinating lessons and curriculum to students that have physical disabilities, cognitive and developmental difficulties. You will need to be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress and encourage pupils to reach their potential through engaging and stimulating teaching. It is important that you are a good line manager, can set targets, can plan a sensory curriculum, write reports, liaise with parents and external agencies and communicate well with fellow staff. You will be in charge of 3 full time LSAs all of whom have been with the school for a number of years, this means that you will have the advantage of staff who are familiar with the school policies and each of the children but who will need firm leadership within the classroom.
Your main duties would include:
- Inspiring and engaging and developing the sensory engagement and social skills of children with profound & multiple learning difficulties.
- Assessing individual learning needs and working with experienced LSAs in class
- Assessing and reporting on individual pupil's progress.
- Liaising with your head of department to ensure that all mid- and long-term targets and tracking data are accurate.
The Ideal Applicant
Successful candidates will need the following skills and qualifications:
- QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
- To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
- The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
- PECs or Makaton trained is desirable
- Experience is desirable
- Long Term/Permanent Assignment
- Exceptional Staff/Pupil Ratios
- Inner London Pay Rates
- Friendly Supportive School
- Excellent CPD
- Strong, Supportive and Experience SLT
- Outstanding Ofsted report
- Excellent transport links
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%