- SEN Teacher of PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties)
- Teacher Pay Scale + 1 SEN point
- Southwark Local Authority
- September Start
- Minimum 1 year placement
A fantastic SEN School in Southwark, South London is seeking to appoint an outstanding SEN teacher to work with secondary aged children who have profound and multiple learning difficulties. You will need to have some experience teaching children who have complex needs (severe autism, SLD or equivalent) or recent PMLD experience or, a track record of good or outstanding teaching and the willingness to train. I am looking for an SEN teacher with a can do attitude, passion for the job, a devotion to the children and a commitment to contribute to a welcoming, enthusiastic and dynamic team.
The school had a recent Ofsted (2017), in which it was judged to be outstanding due to the exemplary SLT, outstanding teaching and learning and fantastic systems and resources in place. Most of the children will have 1:1 TA support and you will benefit from both an experienced team in class but also from a great line manager and regular access and input from the SLT who are always visable and on hand to ensure teachers are listened to, supported and have practical input.The ideal candidate is an outstanding teachers who is:
* Committed to ensuring every child reaches their potential
* Resilient and able to demonstrate a positive caring attitude
* Able to work effectively in a team
* Highly organised and able to plan and deliver and reflect on an Outstanding lesson
* Committed to working in partnership with families and other professionals
* An effectively and efficient worker with good communication and interpersonal skills
* Open to change and innovation* An upbeat character who brings a sense of humour and passion to their job Benefits:
- "Leaders who check the quality of teaching very regularly and provide training and support for staff so that they can improve their skills"(Ofsted 2017)
- An enthusiastic dynamic and talented management and staff team
- Excellent location and connectivity in Southwark - rail, underground, overground and bus links nearby
- A highly specialist teaching and learning environment
- Excellent opportunities for CPD
- Staff Health and Well being programme
- A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
- Competitive Pay
- A really positive working environment where staff are genuinely valued
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%