- North West London SEN School
- Primary SEN Teacher
- Start Sept 2022
- Long Term Assignment
- Excellent Rates of Pay
- Friendly Supportive School
- Excellent CPD
- Outstanding Ofsted report
- Good transport links/parking
- Interviewing ASAP
I am currently looking for an SEN teacher who is experienced working with students with autism and related learning difficulties to join a top SEN school in North West London. The school are seeking to appoint a quality SEN teacher to join their team ASAP to teach a mixed KS2 class for the remainder of this and all of next academic year. To comply with equal opportunities legislation the substantive post needs to be advertised for September 2023 but you will be at a significant advantage if you are currently working with the class and they have just taken on two teachers from us onto permanent contracts having started with the school on a timesheet basis.
The school is well served by public transport with train and bus links to North West London, Central and West London only 5 minutes walk away. The school itself is mixed needs based on a purpose built new site. The school provides for children and young people aged between 3 and 11 who have autism and severe learning difficulties. Facilities are good and recent investments in a sensory play area and garden, new sensory rooms, and state of the art in class equipment has been very warmly received by staff and parents alike. Parking is also plentiful for those that prefer to drive.
The role will require leading, delivering and co-ordinating lessons and curriculum to students that have physical disabilities, cognitive and developmental difficulties. You will need to be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress and encourage pupils to reach their potential through engaging and stimulating teaching. It is important that you are a good line manager, can set targets, can plan a sensory curriculum, write reports, liaise with parents and external agencies and communicate well with fellow staff. You will be in charge of 3 full time LSAs all of whom have been with the school for a number of years, this means that you will have the advantage of staff who are familiar with the school policies and each of the children but who will need firm leadership within the classroom.
Your main duties would include:
* Inspiring and engaging and developing the sensory engagement and social skills of children with profound & multiple learning difficulties.
* Assessing individual learning needs and working with experienced LSAs in class
* Assessing and reporting on individual pupils progress.
* Liaising with your head of department to ensure that all mid and long term targets and tracking data are accurate.
* QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
* To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
* The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
* PECs or Makaton trained is desirable* Experience is desirable
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%