- East London SEN School
- Secondary (KS3) SEN Teacher - PMLD Class
- Start ASAP
- Long Term Assignment
- Excellent Rates of Pay
- Friendly Supportive School
- Excellent CPD
- Outstanding Ofsted report
- Good transport links/parking
- Interviewing ASAP
I am currently looking for an SEN teacher who is experienced working with students with profound and multiple learning difficulties, SLD and related learning difficulties to join a top SEN school in East London. The school are seeking to appoint a quality SEN teacher to join their team ASAP to teach a KS3 PMLD class of 5 pupils.
This fantastic east London school is well served by public transport with tube, train and bus links to all zones only 5 minutes walk away. The school itself is mixed needs based on a purpose built new site. The school provides for children and young people aged between 11 and 19 who have severe learning difficulties and PMLD. Facilities are great and the school offers fantastic support and training to all staff.
The role will require leading, delivering and co-ordinating lessons and curriculum to students that have physical disabilities, cognitive and developmental difficulties. You will need to be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress and encourage pupils to reach their potential through engaging and stimulating teaching. It is important that you are a good line manager, can set targets, can plan a sensory curriculum, write reports, liaise with parents and external agencies and communicate well with fellow staff. You will be in charge of 4 full time LSAs all of whom have been with the school for a number of years, this means that you will have the advantage of staff who are familiar with the school policies and each of the children but who will need firm leadership within the classroom.
Your main duties would include:
* Inspiring and engaging and developing the sensory engagement and social skills of children with profound & multiple learning difficulties.
* Assessing individual learning needs and working with experienced LSAs in class
* Assessing and reporting on individual pupils progress.
* Liaising with your head of department to ensure that all mid and long term targets and tracking data are accurate.
* QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
* To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
* The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
* PECs or Makaton trained is desirable* Experience of PMLD or SLD is desirable
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%