* Secondary PMLD SEN Teacher
* Stable Pleasant Class
* Camden SEN School
* Full Time Job
* Permanent Post
* Immediate Start
THE SEN Teacher Job
Due to a member of staff having to leave the country at short notice my client is seeking an additional SEN teacher to take on a permanent post at their fantastic Camden SEN school. This year you would be teaching class of 8 PMLD students (KS3). The profile of the class groups reflects the Cognition and Learning areas of Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties / Severe Learning Difficulties.
This amazing Camden SEN school is focused on the well being and workload balance of staff, great lengths have been gone to to strip out unnecessary admin so that you can thrive in your role with the support of our wonderful school community. You will be supported in class by a team of 4 highly trained and experienced TAs who are known for their conscientious and unfussy approach to their work. This team will be supplemented by significant input from the exceptional in house therapy departments who work closely with class teachers to harmoniously deliver a working and learning environment that gets the best out of pupils and teachers alike.
The SEN School
The school is an outstanding local authority run special school for pupils aged 2-19 all of whom have statements for Special Educational Needs (SEN). The school specialises in providing a research-informed curriculum which emphasises 'Deep Learning' by responding to each student's point of learning. There is a range of expertise throughout this school, from highly skilled teachers and teaching assistants to a range of teams and leaders. Together, they ensure every child's needs are met. As an SEN teacher you will lead your class team through shared goals which are informed by parents, families, NHS Therapists, CAMHS professionals, and the Multi-agency Support Team. This vision of holistic education and support is at the heart of an integrated provision that values the power of partnerships and collaboration.
The school has a focused mission across the 2022-2023 academic year aimed at reducing the impacts of the pandemic on their vulnerable community. Formal partnerships for this academic year have been created to enhance the role of of pupils within the local community, and to equally bring the world into the classroom through a whole school immersive technology. The school is also working with key organisations through its Centre of Excellence to develop inclusion in mainstream schools, train future teachers, support the professional development of educators, and collaborate on research initiatives.
- MPS2 - UPS3 + SEN Point 1 Inner London Salary (dependent upon experience)
- A school which values you as a professional and commits to your wellbeing
- Five curricular pathways designed around the holistic needs of our pupils
- Daily time with the teaching assistants, peers, and external therapists for planning, reflection, training, and professional discussions (everyday 8:30-9:15 in addition to your PPA time)
- Professional Learning Community, known as NESTs of teachers and TAs, which support joint planning, cross-class projects and initiatives
- Clear system for short and medium term planning
- Clear formative assessment system using a tech innovation which directly links to all moderation, annual review, and summative assessment systems
- Allocated Leadership Mentor to support induction, reflections, multi-agency working, parental partnership, moderation of assessment and annual review processes
The Ideal SEN Teacher Applicant
- Qualified Teacher Status
- UK teaching experience
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through experience in the classroom
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through completion of relevant courses and training, demonstrating a commitment to continued professional development and learning (CPDL)
- Passion, dedication and reliability
Apply today for immediate interviews subject to DBS clearance and referencing.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%