Reeson Education are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Special Needs Teacher to join a Primary school with a specialist unit attached to the school. The role will involve teaching in an Autism Base with a class of 10 children, several of whom are non-verbal and self-directed.
SEN Teacher Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons for pupils with specific special educational needs, including autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Work collaboratively with teaching assistants to support pupils' individual learning and care needs
- Create a safe, structured and nurturing learning environment for pupils with special needs
- Monitor and track pupils' progress and adjust teaching methods and strategies accordingly
- Communicate effectively with parents and other professionals involved in the pupils' care and education
SEN Teacher Requirements:
- Experience teaching pupils with special educational needs, including autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Familiarity with teaching strategies and interventions for pupils with ASD
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with teaching assistants and other professionals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for working with children with special needs
This is a full-time position for the Summer Term / /May 2023, with the possibility of extension. If you meet the requirements and are passionate about teaching children with special needs, we encourage you to apply for this SEN Teacher role.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications. We will contact shortlisted candidates for an interview.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%