SEN Teacher - Barking and Dagenham
- Primary SEN - SLD and Autism
- Permanent contract
- Exceptional Induction and Continuous in house CPD training
- Supportive and available SLT
- Good worklife balance
- Start date - September 2023
SEN Teacher required for a friendly and supportive SEN School in Barking and Dagenham. Permanent contract available from September 2023 with paid trial days commencing ASAP.
SEN Teacher - Barking and Dagenham - The School:
- SEN school in Barking and Dagenham (Barking)
- Rated "Outstanding" by OfSTED
- Caters for 135 pupils aged 3-11 years with a wide range of complex and profound learning difficulties. These include severe autism, complex medical conditions, physical and mobility difficulties, as well as severe developmental delay.
- Good team work ethic
- Supportive SLT team with open door policy
- Good work/life balance
- Early finish on Fridays
- On site Parking for all staff
- Excellent facilities
- Supported by a multi-agency team of physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy colleagues, teachers for pupils with vision and hearing impairments and nursing staff
SEN Teacher - Barking and Dagenham - The Role:
As a Class based Teacher in this School you will plan, develop, and coordinate individual curriculum programmes for students with SLD and Autism in your class. You will implement whole class and group learning activities and continuously assess pupils progress their their specific learning goals. You will work in collaboration with a team of highly skilled Teaching Assistants to deliver outstanding learning opportunities. You will be expected to provide a sensory programme, integrating the physical, academic, social and emotional needs of each individual student.
- Be able to plan effective and inspiring learning sessions that are multi-sensory and differentiated to meet each child's individual needs
- Be aware of safeguarding procedures and follow best practise procedures
- Be honest, hard-working, reliable and punctual
- Manage the in class team effectively, directing activity and relaying and disseminating information from the SLT to your TAs
- Have the ability to develop rapport with children with complex autism and other related needs
- Be a creative playful, patient, calm and fun presence in the classroom
- Have a clear focus on getting the best learning and pastoral outcomes for children with SEN
- Deal with the physical challenges of the job (occasional running and physical interventions)
- Have experience of Attention! Autism, Intensive Interaction, Team Teach would be advantageous but not essential.
- All applicants must hold QTS, QTLS or overseas trained equivalent
SEN Teacher - Barking and Dagenham - APPLY NOW
If this permanent teaching role for September sounds perfect for you, and you have the skills, experience and attitude to hit the ground running in this fantastic school then I'd love to hear from you; either you can apply here or contact us directly on 020 3841 0777
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%