SEN Teacher - Secondary - ASD / Complex Needs - Lewisham - Permanent post
- KS3 / KS4
- Permanent Contract
- M1 - M6 £425000 per annum plus SEN Point (£2500)
- Outstanding Ofsted School
- South East London
- January 2024
We are currently looking for an experienced and qualified SEN teacher to join this Outstanding SEN School in Lewisham. This is a permanent vacancy from January 2024. Teachers will be asked to prepare a lesson observation and formal interview with the SLT team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and capable SEN Teacher who wants to take the next steps in their career.
- Students aged 2-19 years
- Students with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Some students may exhibit challenging behaviour, sensory impairments or physical disabilities
- Specialist facilities on site including a multi-sensory room, soft play room, gym and playground
- Very manageable class sizes (6-8 pupils) as well as being well resourced in terms of both equipment and staffing ratios (2-3 TAs).
- Based in the London borough of Lewisham in South East London
- Excellent links to various stations and the National Rail network and there are also a number of bus stops only a few minutes away.
- Private staff car park, big enough to accommodate all staff.
- The School sits in the middle of a green and leafy part of town and within a friendly local community
- SEN Teacher planning and delivering lessons
- Differentiating to meet the individual needs of the children
- Class of Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils
- Maintaining an inclusive, supportive and challenging environment for students
- Gaining the best outcomes for students with Autism, Learning Difficulties and Speech and Language Delay.
Training and Progression:
This SEN school trains all staff in Team Teach in order to manage behaviour safely and effectively. They also hold regular training in a number of communication aids including PECS and Makaton. The recent appointment of a new Deputy Head which has been filled with internal promotion has left a gap for a Middle Leader position, therefore the Head is ideally looking for someone who could take on the additional responsibility immediately or soon after starting the role. This post would come with a greater salary (Inner London) + TLR.
SEN Teacher - Secondary - ASD / Complex Needs - Lewisham - Permanent post - Apply now
If you feel this SEN Teacher post in Lewisham could be right for you, or you would like to discuss SEN roles in the South East with a consultant, please apply now.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.