Middle School SEN Teacher
ASD/SLD Class of 5 Boys
Well Behaved Friendly Class
Great Location for Public Transport in Barnet
Maternity Cover 2-3 Terms
This is a independent Special Needs school in Barnet North London that caters to students aged between 4 and 19. The school is small and a a little tight for space but the resources and provision for the students are very good. There are just over 40 children in the school spit over 6 classes all grouped according to their abilities and needs. This is an exciting juncture for the school as a new purpose built building is on the horizon which will accommodate 70 pupils and provide a wider range of facilities. They operate a primary teaching model offering a curriculum that is exciting and challenging. The staff are dedicated and work to ensure that teaching approaches and learning objectives are meaningful and relevant to all their pupils. furthermore there is a comprehensive team of in-house therapists who work together with the teaching staff to set individual pupil targets in their personalised learning plans which are integrated across the curriculum and school day.
The is a really friendly, supportive and well run Barnet SEN school is a stable, warm and highly supportive environment to work in as a result of a long standing communicative and approachable senior leadership team. They have a proven track record for developing and nurturing staff and they have an open door policy to ensure that staff have a genuine voice in the school. This is a fantastic place to work and over the last few years I have placed a number of teaching and support staff into jobs which have now turned into permanent contracts. I have only ever had positive feedback from candidates who have visited the school and met the SLT. The school was recently deemed good with outstanding features by OfSTED in its inspection report.
- This is a 2.5 -3 term maternity cover starting ASAP after the half-term holidays on a time sheet basis
- You will be teaching a class of 5 male pupils aged between 8 and 12 years old
- All the students have an EHCP for autism and one also has visual impairment issues (VI)
- Students are working at P Levels 4-8
- You will be expected to undertake all the responsibilities of a permanent member of staff including planning, assessment and attending staff meetings/training
- The class is supported by 2 full time TAs both of whom are highly trained and experienced
- There is the potential for a permanent contract further down the line as the school is expanding and the Headteacher isn't convinced that the teacher will return from her maternity leave.
The Ideal SEN Teacher Candidate:
- Qualified Teacher or Overseas Trained Teacher who can obtain QTS
- Experience teaching pupils with Autism or Severe Learning Difficulties
- Recent UK SEN school experience
- Valid DBS
- PECS and Makaton Skills
- Good References
- Available ASAP