Are you an experienced and dedicated SEN Teacher looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a difference in the lives of ASD/SLD children? We have a fantastic full-time role available with a lovely SEN school in North West London, starting after the February half term. This position involves working with Key Stage 4/5 students who have challenging behaviours.
As an SEN Teacher, you will have the unique opportunity to create a positive and inclusive learning environment that caters to the specific needs of these students. Your expertise and passion for special education will help shape their educational journey and empower them to reach their full potential.
Responsibilities of an SEN Teacher in this role include:
- Planning and delivering engaging and differentiated lessons that meet the individual needs and abilities of ASD/SLD students at Key Stage 4/5.
- Developing and implementing individualised education plans (IEPs) for each student, focusing on their academic, social, emotional, and behavioural goals.
- Effectively managing and supporting students with challenging behaviours, utilising positive behaviour management strategies and de-escalation techniques.
- Collaborating with the school's leadership team, SENCo, and other professionals to create a cohesive and supportive learning environment.
- Assessing and monitoring students' progress, providing regular feedback, and adapting teaching strategies accordingly.
- Working closely with teaching assistants and support staff to ensure student needs are met and to maintain a safe and inclusive classroom environment.
- Implementing and promoting the school's policies and procedures, including safeguarding and behaviour management protocols.
- Engaging in professional development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills in special education, behaviour management, and relevant teaching strategies.
This full-time role offers working hours between 8.45am and 3.45pm, Monday to Friday. You will have the opportunity to work in a school that has a fantastic leadership team and provides excellent resources for both staff and students. The supportive and collaborative nature of the school ensures a positive and fulfilling working experience.
If you are a dedicated and experienced SEN Teacher with a passion for working with ASD/SLD students and challenging behaviours, then this role is perfect for you. Join this lovely SEN school and make a significant impact on the lives of these students. Apply now to start your journey as an SEN Teacher in this wonderful school.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%