- SEN Teacher - SLD Class
- Long Term Job
- Barnet Local Authority
- Potential Permanent Job September 2020
- Starting ASAP
- Interviewing Immediately
- Pay 160 - 220 per day
The SEN Teacher Job
An outstanding SEND school in the London borough of Barnet are seeking to appoint an SEN teacher as soon as possible to join their team. Unfortunately this role has arisen due to the need to cover a member of staff having to undergo significant treatment for a complex and serious medical condition. Whilst this position can initially only be offered as a long term sickness cover through to the end of the academic year. This role could well become permanent in due course as the Headteacher has indicated that she is unsure if the teacher will decide to return as they are nearing retirement age.
You will be teaching a SLD class of 7 friendly and enthusiastic pupils who range between years 5 and 6 in age. All the pupils are working at low P Levels and have significant cognitive delays as well as related complex medical and physical needs. The class is supported by 3 experienced LSAs all of whom are very dedicated and knowledgeable having worked with the students for nearly 18 months. The successful SEN Teacher applicant will be an approachable and confident people manager; there are no big egos in the class but the Head mentioned that the LSA team will respond best to clear direction.
Long and medium term plans are in place for the class as the teacher taught them all last year as well; you will however be taking on the full responsibilities of a permanent member of staff and will be expected to undertake short term planning, provide assessments, fill out paperwork, liaise with parents, attend all meetings etc.
This is an outstanding Barnet SEN school that has been consistently rated as outstanding by OfSTED. It caters to pupils aged 5-19 who have a broad range of learning needs including Autism, SLD, SLCN and complex needs. The school have exceptional facilities and a strong and stable leadership team who treat the staff well, reward success and invest in the continued professional development of the Teachers and TAs in school. The school is well served by public transport with easy access to the northern line and a large number of bus services on its doorstep with easy links to Thameslink, Jubilee and Overground lines.
The Ideal SEN Teacher Applicant
The Headteacher has indicated that they are seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking, proactive, flexible SEND Teacher to join them as soon as possible. It is important that a smooth transition takes place to minimise disruption for the students and staff.
The ideal candidate will have some recent experience working with children with more complex special needs either in a UK special school or mainstream setting. You will be confident and capable of adapting the EYFS curriculum to suit the requirements of pupils with severe learning difficulties.
I am looking for an SEN Teacher who:
- Is focused on high expectations of children's attainment and behaviour
- Has excellent classroom practice with SEN/SLD children and early years
- Has an understanding of the ever-changing needs of pupils
- Has the ability to challenge, motivate and inspire
- Can demonstrate commitment and potential
- Can work collaboratively with different types of staff and SEN pupils
- Offers sound practice to improve the provision, practice and outcomes for SEN pupils
SEN Teacher Benefits
- You will be working in a truly forward thinking and supportive environment
- You will be teaching a group of children who are a joy to work with.
- Staff are actively encouraged to voice their opinion, contribute to whole school policy development and try new approaches to get the best out of their students.
- The school also provides exceptional continuous in work training.
- Potential provision of supportive funding for staff who are keen to complete PhD and MA qualifications.
- Well defined and proactive approach to succession management.
- Clear career pathways for ambitious staff including NPQH.
Please apply ASAP for immediate interview.