SEN Teacher - Primary Autism
- Primary ASD Class
- In an Ofsted Outstanding Special Needs School
- Islington based - Central London, Zone 1!
- Inspirational Head Teacher and supportive SLT
- Permenent Contract paid on the Inner London Main Pay Scale
Are you an experienced Primary SEN Teacher who is seeking a new opportunityfrom September 2020?
Do you want to work in a truly outstanding school which boasts exceptional facilities, highly organised teams and exemplary systems?
Are you someone with an incredible passion and knowledge for teaching children with Autism?
This is a primary SEN school in Islington with an "Outstanding" OfSTED rating. It caters for 135 pupils aged 3-11 years with a wide range of complex and profound learning difficulties. These include severe autism, complex medical conditions, physical and mobility difficulties, as well as severe developmental delay.
The school is based in an outstanding purpose built facility and is run by highly trained, collaborative, enthusiastic and committed staff. This combination enables them to provide the specialised individual programmes required by its pupils. Along with teaching and classroom support staff, the school is supported by a multi-agency team of physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy colleagues, teachers for pupils with vision and hearing impairments and nursing staff. Teamwork between all professionals has been an essential aspect of the success of the school.
The SLT have and will continue to invest heavily in training and CPD for staff as this has helped with staff retention and developed an extremely strong skills based within the team. They have fantastic systems in place which are genuinely adhered to and reduce teacher workload through collaboration and the sharing of best practise. As a result the school has a brilliant track record for developing staff - NQTs quickly move to good/outstanding practise, mainstream teachers have a structured induction and make exceptional progress and overseas trained teachers have the support to gain quickly get to grips with the UK curriculum and best practise.
Person Specification - SEN Teacher
An enthusiastic and committed specialist Teacher for Autism: you will plan, develop, coordinate and implement individual curriculum programmes for students with Autism and related challenging needs. The chosen Teacher will be expected to provide a sensory programme, integrating the physical, academic, social and emotional needs of each individual student.
Specifically your roles and responsibilities will include;
- You will be responsible for teaching a small class of around 6-10 students with Autism
- You will use a wide range of resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons including PECS and Makaton
- You will have a good basic understanding of TEACCH principles and recent experience teaching primary aged pupils with Autism in an SEN or mainstream setting
- You will have additional support in the classroom from 2 Learning Support Assistants
- You will plan and deliver effective lessons using the UK curriculum and P Levels
If this sounds like you, and you have the skills, experience and attitude to hit the ground running in this fantastic school then I'd love to hear from you; either you can apply here or contact us directly on 020 3841 0777 and ask for Kiesha