- Maternity Cover
- 1 Year Contract
- Starting June 2020
- Outstanding SEN School (OfSTED)
- Tower Hamlets Local Authority
- Secondary SLD/PMLD Class
- Modern School Building
- 6 pupils - 3 TAs
- Full Time Job
- Excellent Transport Links
- Great Pay Rates
THE SEN Teacher Job
Despite the current uncertainty facing schools at present I have been contacted by the Headteacher of a fantastic SEN clients school in Tower Hamlets regarding an urgent SEN Teacher maternity position. The school is seeking an excellent SEN teacher with PMLD or SLD experience to cover a 12 month maternity leave starting on June 1st in the event that schools will have reopened by this stage. Should the government lock down continue beyond this point then the start date will be delayed, however this post does need to be filled as soon as school reopens and the SLT are keen to attract a top quality SEN Teacher to the role.
This is a class teaching role working in KS3 with a group of 6 pupils supported by three full time experienced SEN TAs. The class are very low functioning in terms of their developmental levels (P1 - P3) and they access what the school calls its "Pre-formal Curriculum". Pupils at these very early levels of development access a multi-sensory curriculum that enables them to develop a sense of security in the school environment, to establish positive relationships with familiar adults, to explore the world around them using their sensory and physical capabilities to the full and to establish behaviours through which they can communicate with other people. Some pupils may have challenging behaviour and a behaviour management plan may be required.
This Tower hamlets SEN school has a modern purpose built school building which includes state of the art sensory rooms, therapy centres, hydrotherapy pool, spacious bright classrooms that are welcoming and stimulating, excellent outdoor space and all the latest equipment. The school has excellent public transport links with train and underground stations connecting East, Central and North London all within a 10 minute walk.
Parents from Tower Hamlets and all over London fight to get their children in this school because it offers:
- Pupil centred and balanced curriculum
- Excellent pupil assessment, recording and reporting system
- Positive and supportive learning environment
- Pupils across the age and disability range make outstanding progress
- Effective transition from school to continuing education where appropriate
- Highly trained school staff with high expectations
- Effective support from a wide range of health professionals
There is a well established management team who ensure a clear focus on the continuous improvement of the quality of teaching, learning and assessment. Pupil outcomes continue to be outstanding and achievement is celebrated in a pupil-centred teaching and learning environment. From each different starting point, the proportion of pupils making and exceeding expected progress in English and mathematics is high compared with national figures.
The SEN Teacher Applicant
The ideal SEN Teacher will have the following:
- QTS or Equivalent
- UK SEN School Teaching experience
- Good knowledge P Levels and early stage development
- Experience of planning, teaching and assessing work for SLD and PMLD pupils
- Ability to start this job as soon as schools reopen
- A positive, energetic and creative approach to class teaching
- Some experience of or have a basic understanding of 'Routes for Learning' assessment tools
SEN Teacher Benefits
The SLT are committed to the ongoing development of all permanent and temporary staff, both teaching and non-teaching, retaining their "Investors in People Award" for over 16 years. In real terms, this means that you will be working in a school that provides the best possible education as part of a highly trained staff team dedicated to ensuring pupils make excellent progress towards challenging targets.
The School has great staff retention due to the way that the Headteacher has fostered a culture that encourages creativity, honesty, open dialogue, supportive management and in class teams, clear and realistic expectations, a good work/life balance and a warm happy working environment.
Please apply today by sending your up to date CV.
Online Interviews commencing ASAP!