- Harrow SEN School
- Secondary SEN Teacher - PMLD Class
- January Start
- Permanent Job
- Excellent Rates of Pay
- Friendly Supportive School
- Outstanding Ofsted report
- Good transport links/parking
- Interviewing ASAP
I am currently looking for an SEN teacher who is experienced working with students with profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) to join a top SEN school in Harrow. The school are seeking to appoint a quality SEN practitioner to join their team from from January 2021 on a permanent contract
The school is an outstanding day community special school for pupils aged 11-19 years, who experience severe learning difficulties, autism and profound learning needs, including those with MDVI. It is a richly diverse, cohesive community where all students are celebrated and where staff work together as a team to ensure that every child reaches their potential in happy and safe surroundings.
This Harrow school is well served by public transport with underground links to Central London and train links to Euston and Watford all within easy distance. The school itself is a mixed needs site with children and young people aged between 3 1 and 19 all educated on the campus. The needs of the students range from severe autism trough to PMLD classes like this one. Facilities are fantastic as the site has been heavily invested in over the last few years. Parking is also plentiful for those that prefer to drive.
The SEN Teacher role will require leading, delivering and co-ordinating lessons and curriculum to students that have physical disabilities, cognitive and developmental difficulties. You will need to be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress and encourage pupils to reach their potential through engaging and stimulating teaching. It is important that you are a good line manager, can set targets, can plan a sensory curriculum (some children have visual impairments), write reports, liaise with parents and external agencies and communicate well with fellow staff.
Your main duties as an SEN Teacher would include:
* Inspiring and engaging and developing the sensory engagement and social skills of children with profound & multiple learning difficulties.
* Assessing individual learning needs and working with experienced LSAs in class
* Assessing and reporting on individual pupils progress.
* Liaising with your head of department to ensure that all mid and long term targets and tracking data are accurate.
* QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
* To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
* The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
* PECs or Makaton trained is desirable* Experience is desirable