- ASD/SLD KS1 Class
- Brent SEN School
- Outstanding OfSTED
- 8 pupils, 3 Full Time TAs
- Excellent Facilities
- Supportive SLT
- Comprehensive Regular CPD
- January Start
- Potential Permanent Contract
The SEN Teacher Job
My client is an outstanding Ofsted rated school (2019) that is looking for a creative and vibrant SEN Teacher to join their team from January 2021. They are seeking to appoint an SEN teacher who is able to demonstrate both an excellent and engaging classroom presence and an up-to-date understanding of the latest developments in special needs best practise. The school supports pupils with autism and severe learning difficulties including pupils with communication needs. Experience in these areas would be beneficial although as the class are well behaved and the support staff amongst the strongest in the school the Headteacher is very happy to support primary trained teachers with a good track record and an interest in SEN. The class is well supported by an outstanding team of TAs who are supportive and open to clear direction.
In return you will be joining a successful and vibrant SEN school. As a SEN teacher you will be given excellent in house training. Thanks to the forward-thinking approach taken by the Head Teacher, the school is always investing in training programmes for staff, installing new facilities and working to build a strong bond across the team. The SLT places great importance in building strong relationships with parents and in providing a positive environment for staff.
This large Brent SEN school is highly successful and popular and is based in a pleasant and well connected area which is surrounded by local transport routes and great local amenities. The building is well resourced, recently refurbished and very bright making it an attractive place of work for teachers from all around London. Local demand for special school places have rocketed in recent years, Brent Council needs more places for local children and approached the school to expand to be able to admit 24 more pupils from January 2021.
Pupil interventions are carefully planned to ensure every pupil makes the best possible rate of progress. Staff work hard to ensure that all pupils achieve their potential personally, socially, emotionally, and academically in all areas of the curriculum (regardless of their gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, sexual identity, physical ability or educational needs).The school has a large and highly supportive therapy team comprising of three Occupational Therapists, five Speech and Language Therapists, and a Speech and Language Therapy Assistant.
The Ideal SEN Teacher
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver fun, creative, interesting lessons designed to increase stimulate independent thought, interaction and sensory engagement amongst pupils. The following traits are highly desirable/beneficial:
- Positive, enthusiastic and creative EYFS/Primary teacher who is an outstanding classroom practitioner and passionate about teaching children with SEND
- A Teacher who will strive to provide the highest standard of teaching using appropriate and specific strategies to engage and support pupils with a wide range of learning needs
- Teachers who are committed to working in partnership with others, including therapists and families.
- Practitioners who have experience in positively managing behaviour
- Individuals with a commitment to their own continued professional development
- A sound understanding of the stages of child development
- Experience or knowledge of working with individuals with autism and/or learning difficulties
SEN Teacher Benefits
- Supportive colleagues and a caring working environment
- A comprehensive induction and mentor programme
- Outstanding in-service training and opportunities to develop professionally in a thriving and growing school
- A generous PPA allocation of 4 hours p/w compared to the recommended entitlement of 2.5 hrs
- Well-resourced vibrant classrooms with high adult to pupil ratios
- Dedicated support from specialist colleagues in our MAST team including therapists and behaviour experts
- A well-being agenda to ensure a healthy work/life balance and positive mental health
- Support from a passionate, approachable, empathetic and ambitious senior leadership team.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you please apply today!