SEN Teacher - Permanent position starting January 2021
- Primary SLD and ASD Class
- Based in Dagenham
- Outstanding SEN School (OfSTED)
- Permanent contract from January 2021 - M2 - UPS2
- On-site Parking
- Friendly and family feel School team
- Interviews ASAP
Are you an experienced SEN Teacher who is seeking a new opportunity in a special needs environment?
Do you want to work in a truly outstanding school which boasts exceptional facilities, highly organised teams and exemplary systems?
Are you passionate about making a difference and working with children with SLD (Severe Learning Disabilities) and ASD (Autism)?
This is a primary SEN school in Dagenham, East London. The School was recently and consistently rated "Outstanding" by OfSTED. It caters for pupils aged 3-19 years with a wide range of complex and profound learning difficulties. These include severe autism, complex medical conditions, physical and mobility difficulties, as well as severe developmental delay.
The school is based in an outstanding purpose built facility and is run by highly trained, collaborative, enthusiastic and committed staff. This combination enables them to provide the specialised individual programmes required by its pupils. Along with teaching and classroom support staff, the school is supported by a multi-agency team of physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy colleagues, teachers for pupils with vision and hearing impairments and nursing staff. Teamwork between all professionals has been an essential aspect of the success of the school.
As a Class based Teacher in this School you will plan, develop, and coordinate individual curriculum programmes for students with SLD and Autism in your class. You will implement whole class and group learning activities and continuously assess pupils progress their their specific learning goals. You will work in collaboration with a team of highly skilled Teaching Assistants (a team of 3 permanent and full time support staff plus an additional 1-1 LSA will be part of your class team) to deliver outstanding learning opportunities. You will be expected to provide a sensory programme, integrating the physical, academic, social and emotional needs of each individual student.
You will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Previous experience of teaching students with needs, including ASD / Autism, Moderate or Severe Learning Difficulties (MLD, SLD)
- Strong knowledge of the UK national curriculum
- PECS/Makaton experience beneficial
- 2 Good/Outstanding references will be required to support your application
If this permanent role for an SEN Teacher in this phenomenal Dagenham School sounds interesting to you, please apply here or contact us directly on 020 3841 0777