- Southwark Special School (Primary)
- ASD Specialist
- January Start
- 2 Term Assignment
- Potential Permanent Job Sept 21
- Excellent SLT
- Friendly, Supportive Environment
I am seeking to appoint an SEN Teacher to a highly regarded Southwark SEN School. The SEN Teacher I am seeking to appoint will be a hardworking and committed primary practitioner with experience and relevant training in working with pupils in a special needs setting (Autism).
The ideal applicant would have:
- Experience of and commitment to raising achievement in a school setting
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- The ability to demonstrate outstanding practice differentiating plans, writing Individual Education Plans, liaising with supporting agencies and implementing additional support programs to meet pupils' specific needs.
- Relevant training and/or experience relating to working with pupils with autism and communication disorders in specific PECS, Makaton and TEACCH training.
- Experience of managing a support staff team
- A creative and sensory approach to teaching that engages pupils
- Live easily commutable distance from Southwark
This fantastic Southwark school is a primary Special School for pupils with Autism located in South East London. The school supports a wide range of learning disabilities including pupils with severe and complex social and communication difficulties. The class you would be teaching is a Y4 group which is one of the more able classes, the pupils in class (8) range between high P Levels and low national curriculum level 2s. Many of the pupils have significant barriers to learning in terms of communication skills. The class are on the whole very well behaved although there is one child who can be very challenging although they now have 1:1 support and this has negated any detrimental effect on the class. The school has a good reputation locally and currently serves students from over a dozen London boroughs; it was judged a "Good" school in its recent OFSTED inspection.