SEN Teacher (Autism/ASD)
- Primary SEN Teacher
- ASD Class
- Outstanding SEN School (OfSTED)
- East London
- Inspirational, supportive Head Teacher and SLT
- Long term to permanent position starting Sept 2021
- On-site Parking
- Interviews ASAP
Are you an experienced Primary or SEN Teacher who is seeking a new opportunity in a special needs environment from Sept 2021?
Are you passionate about making a difference and working with children with ASD (Autism)?
About the Role - SEN Teacher
- You will be responsible for teaching a small class of around 6-12 students with Autism
- You will use a wide range of resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons including PECS and Makaton
- You will have a good basic understanding of TEACCH principles and recent experience teaching primary aged pupils with Autism in an SEN or mainstream setting
- You will have additional support in the classroom from other learning staff.
- You will plan and deliver effective lessons using the UK curriculum.
Person Specification - SEN Teacher
An enthusiastic and committed specialist ASD teacher: you will plan, develop, coordinate and implement individual curriculum programmes for students with Autism and related challenging needs. The teacher will be expected to provide a sensory programme, integrating the physical, academic, social and emotional needs of each individual student.
You will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Previous experience of teaching students with needs, including ASD / Autism, Moderate or Severe Learning Difficulties (MLD, SLD)
- Strong knowledge of the UK national curriculum
- Committed to a long term and full time role in East London
- Be able to plan effective and inspiring learning sessions that are multi-sensory and differentiated to meet each child's individual needs
- Be aware of safeguarding procedures and follow best practise procedures
- Be honest, hard-working, reliable and punctual
- Manage the in class team effectively, directing activity and relaying and disseminating information from the SLT to your TAs
- Have the ability to develop rapport with children with complex autism and other related needs
- Be a creative playful, patient, calm and fun presence in the classroom
- Have a clear focus on getting the best learning and pastoral outcomes for children with SEN
- Deal with the physical challenges of the job (occasional running and physical interventions)
- Have experience of Attention! Autism, Intensive Interaction, Team Teach would be advantageous but not essential.
If this sounds like you, and you have the skills, experience and attitude to hit the ground running in this fantastic school in East London then we'd love to hear from you; either you can apply here or contact us directly on 020 3841 0777
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%