- Secondary SEN Teacher Job
- Barnet Local Authority
- ASD, SLD and PMLD Classes Available
- Excellent Transport Links - Buses, Underground & Thameslink
- Permanent Job
- MPS-UPS + 1 SEN Point
- September Start
- Interviews Early May
The SEN Teacher Vacancy
Exciting opportunity at a wonderful Barnet SEN School! This is an exciting time in the history of this fantastic Barnet special school as it is opening a satellite provision in a local secondary school from September. As a result they have asked me to help them in recruiting outstanding teachers to join their staff team both on the main site and at the satellite provision.
The successful SEN Teacher applicant will be teaching a class of 8 pupils, each class team has one teacher with three to five Learning Support Assistants dependent upon the needs of the pupils. There is flexibility as to the type of class you will teach as there are opportunities in each of the three distinct 'Learning Zones' into which the school is divided.
You will be planning a curriculum directly catered to the needs of the students and feeds into a school wide system for assessing and promoting physical independence skills. The school deploys a range of communication strategies to support their pupils learning development and as a result you will be given training in PECS, Makaton and PODD (Pragmatic Organisational Dynamic Display) techniques.
You will also liaise directly with other specialist teams across the school Speech and Language Therapy, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Music Therapy, Paediatricians, Dietitians, Social Services as required.
This fantastic SEN school is the key hub for Barnet's secondary special school provision. The school provides for students with Severe and Profound or Complex learning difficulties and Autism aged 11 to 19 years old. The ethos and vision are to provide a learning environment for all members of the school community, where everyone can work and learn together. They aim to ensure all students are given the dignity of challenge, and opportunities to be heard, become as independent as possible and achieve their very best. All young people have the right to have their individual needs met, and therefore the staff provide learners with a personalised curriculum which is focused on the successful acquisition of knowledge and skills which will have a positive impact on their lives and opportunities.
The school is divided into 3 separate 'Learning Zones' each with specific facilities and curricula shaped around the needs of the pupils - Zone One (three classes) supports students with Severe Learning Disabilities; Zone Two's five classes cater for students on the Autistic Spectrum Conditions and Zone Three is focused on students who have Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (three classes).
The Ideal SEN Teacher Applicant:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner
- Dedicated to the welfare, safeguarding and achievement of every child.
- Able to inspire, challenge and motivate all children.
- Committed to providing outstanding learning experiences.
- Passionate about working with students who present with a range of complex needs.
- Able to remain calm and supportive under pressure.
- Creative, innovative and has a passion for improvement.
- Forward thinking and committed to raising standards.
- Organised and has highly developed communication skills
- NQTs with relevant experience will be considered
- QTS required
SEN Teacher Benefits:
- A warm, supportive and positive learning and working environment.
- Staff who are collegiate, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students.
- The opportunity to be part of a team where skills, enthusiasm and desire to succeed will be recognised.
- The opportunity to play an active part in the school's development.
- Fantastic training opportunities - PECS, Makaton, PODD, Team Teach.
If you want to make a difference to young people's lives, we are looking for inspiring and highly motivated teachers. If you would like to join a friendly, enthusiastic and hard-working team, then this is the opportunity for you!
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.