- KS3/4 SEN Teacher
- Lambeth SEN School
- Excellent Reputation
- Outstanding OfSTED Report
- Comprehensive Handover & Induction Training
- Regular Continual Professional Development Training
- Classes of 8 Pupils with Autism and SLD
- 3 Full Time TAs & an HLTA
- Permanent Contract on Offer
- Potential of TLR Responsibilities
- January Start
The SEN Teacher Job
An "Outstanding" Special Needs School in Lambeth central London is seeking to appoint a specialist SEN Teacher to join their team. The school cater to 11-19 year old pupils with a range of learning needs, however the majority of pupils are on the autistic spectrum. As a result the school are seeking to appoint an SEN Teacher with ASD and SLD experience who can take over and continue the good work established by the current incumbent.
This position has arisen due to a concerted effort by the SLT to grow their middle and senior leadership team, this has come about due to overall school expansion. The role will be a permanent contract but if you would like to take a term or two to see if the permanent job is for you then the school would be willing to be flexible for the right person.
The class teaching aspect of this SEN Teacher role offers the opportunity to work with an established, hard-working and highly adaptable team of three specialist Teaching Assistants (TAs) and a higher level teaching assistant (HLTA). The team are very friendly and have a great understanding of the needs and characteristics of the children in class. This coupled with the schools highly praised SLT, excellent CPD and effective assessment and data systems will ensure a comprehensive and smooth handover.
The class consists of 8 pupils who range in age between 11 and 14 abut have been grouped in accordance with their academic and social development. The school itself has been heavily invested in over the last few years and facilities are exceptional. Parking is plentiful and the school can easily be accessed from South East, East and Central London as well as Kent and the surrounding areas due to excellent road and public transport links.
The Ideal SEN Teacher Applicant
All applicants must have recent experience teaching students with autism, ideally within a specialist SEN environment or primary school. Good to Outstanding primary teachers with recent experience teaching a pupil or pupils with more complex learning needs/autism in a mainstream school will be considered. You must have middle or senior leadership credentials and the ability to prove that you can consistently deliver good or outstanding teaching whilst shouldering responsibility for a curriculum area or phase.
You will be living near to Lambeth or within the borough already and be willing to commute by public transport as on site parking is very limited. You must be willing to commit yourself longer term to a development pathway and at least the next two years as the school enters an exciting new phase of its development.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A proven record of teaching SEN students with autism
- A good understanding of P levels and the Key Stage 1 national curriculum
- The ability to prepare and teach effective lessons taking into account the individual needs of learners
- A clear understanding of TEACCH practices and ABA techniques
- Have a basic understanding of PECS and Makaton
- A creative approach to lesson planning
- A patient, calm and engaging classroom manner
- Strong communication and team leadership skills
- Full teacher status
- Registered DBS or be prepared to carry out a new DBS application.
- Fantastic School and SLT
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- Excellent Continuous Training Scheme
- Inner London Pay with TLR Opportunities
- Great Facilities
- Excellent in Class Support
- Nice Class
- Brilliant Location/Transport Links
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.