- EYFS PMLD Class
- Permanent Job
- Lambeth LA
- Easter Start
- MPS-UPS + SEN Point
- Potential for TLR Responsibilities
Are you a dedicated and enthusiastic SEN teacher?
Are you looking for an opportunity at a top SEN school in central London (Lambeth)?
Are you a SEN/Primary Teacher, qualified or overseas qualified, with experience of PMLD, P-scales/Engagement model?
The SEN Teacher Role
We are looking for a specialist SEN Teacher for a PMLD class at a fantastic Lambeth SEN school from Easter on a permanent contract teaching an EYFS class. The role will be to teach an EYFS class of 8 pupils with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) and complex associated needs. In addition to very severe learning difficulties, pupils can have other significant difficulties, such as physical disabilities, sensory impairment, or a severe medical conditions.
My client is an excellent Lambeth primary SEN school for children aged 2 to 11 with severe learning difficulties (SLD), profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), Autism (ASD) and complex medical needs. As well as Severe Cognition and Learning Difficulties, many pupils have additional disabilities including sensory impairments, autism / communication and interaction difficulties, physical disabilities, epilepsy, other medical needs and associated behavioural needs.
Overseen by an outstanding Headteacher and their engaging, highly skilled and supportive SLT you will be joining a school that is going from strength to strength. Under this leadership team the school has sought to further develop the middle and senior leadership team, creating opportunities for existing staff to develop professionally as well as opening up clearly defined training and management pathways to new staff.
This Lambeth school is housed in a state of the art purpose built school building incorporating 11 classrooms, 2 sensory rooms, 2 soft play rooms, a large hall, a studio for physical activities, 2 play areas, ICT room, Food Technology room, Art and DT room and a Hydrotherapy pool. The classrooms have sensory areas and share access to outdoor space. The School is fully accessible and has lifts throughout, there are also handily situated and cleverly arranged changing areas throughout school.
The Ideal SEN Teacher
The successful PMLD Teacher for this specialist SEND school in Lambeth will have experience of teaching pupils with special educational needs particularly with Complex Needs and Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD). We are seeking:
- Individuals who are committed to making a significant and positive impact on the lives of their students and who are driven to further improving standards across schools impacting the success of the students.
- A teacher who provides interactive and multi-sensory lessons as well as working closely with the multidisciplinary team and other staff
- A solid understanding of early childhood development and pre-school/P Levels
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills
- Experience is key for this role so PMLD or SLD SEN teachers with relevant experience encouraged to apply
- UK trained Teachers with QTS and experienced UK or overseas trained teachers without QTS, please apply!
- The passion to teach pupils with Complex Needs and Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD).
SEN Teacher Responsibilities
- You'll work collaboratively with all departments to deliver innovative curriculum designed to engage, motivate and stretch students to achieve their best possible learning outcomes.
- You will teach in a specialist setting using a nurturing, holistic and child centred approach.
- You will and the team of TAs you line manage will provide a high level of adult support, the children will need high levels of sensory stimulation.
- To teach in a modern , purpose built SEND school with huge outdoor learning and therapeutic space.
- 6 specialist TAs within your class PMLD student
- Outstanding SLT
- Great Facilities
- Permanent Contract
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.