- ASD primary SEN teacher vacancy
- Good/Outstanding Lewisham School (OfSTED)
- Fantastic Facilities
- Permanent Role - paid M2 - M6
- Warm, Supportive, Well Organised and Responsive SLT
- September Start
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, self-motivated class based SEN teacher to work in an exceptional ASD school, teaching a small higher functioning class of 8 KS2 pupils with autism.
The school is a large primary SEN provision (150 pupils) in the London Borough of Lewisham that has consistently delivered Good/Outstanding education for ASD learners under a stable, forward thinking and highly support SLT. The school ethos is that each individual is unique and has their own specific needs, abilities and interests. Every pupil requires a thoughtfully tailored range of approaches to learn successfully. We ensure careful planning is in place to meet each pupil's needs so that teaching secures rapid progress and the best outcomes for each individual. The school is a training hub for the local authority offering fantastic in house training for its own staff as well as providing support and training to mainstream schools both within Lewisham and to schools throughout London - it has also been awarded the National Autistic Society (NAS) accreditation as a centre of excellence.
I have worked closely with this school for a number of years and can attest to the fact that it is a friendly, highly supportive and close knit community that invests heavily in its staff. I have appointed both teachers and support staff who have gone on to take permanent jobs with the school; many of whom have committed to long a commute on the basis that the school is such a great place to work. Staff retention is high and the SLT are not locked away in an office and detached from the realities of the classes in school, they make a point to ensure that staff are supported and have a clear forum to discuss their needs etc. directly on a daily basis.
The school is looking for:
- Experienced and energetic practitioners with the knowledge, skills and understanding of a range of teaching, learning, assessment and behaviour management strategies to make a positive impact on the progress of pupils with autism who have learning difficulties
- Recent experience delivering teaching to children with ASD in a UK or English speaking SEN school to children working at P Levels - National Curriculum Levels 1-2c
- PECS, Makaton and Team Teach training would be advantageous though not essential
- Highly motivated, innovative people with enthusiasm and commitment
- QTS is preferable although overseas trained teachers with UK experience who are awaiting their QTS are encouraged to apply
- A proven ability to work collaboratively in a multi professional team
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Benefit from excellent teaching support and leadership
- Development as a leader of learning through career management and personally tailored, in-depth professional development
- Access a range of resources and good school facilities
- A positive, supportive working environment where staff work cooperatively with the support of parent, SLT and the NAS
We would like to hear from you if you could make a positive contribution to the development of this lovely SEN School in Lewisham!