SEN Teacher (Primary)
- Primary SEN Teacher
- Outstanding SEN School (OfSTED)
- London Borough of Southwark
- Permanent contract available from September 2020
- Salary up to £40,372 - M1 - M6 + SEN Point
- Exceptional Induction and Continuous in house CPD training, supportive SLT
Are you an experienced Primary, SEN Teacher who is seeking a new opportunity in a School for students with Autism and SLD?
Do you want to work in a truly outstanding school which boasts exceptional staff training, high success rates with student achievement and a fantastic atmosphere?
This is a unique Special Education setting on a brand new and modernised School site. All the children who attend the school are diagnosed with Autism and associated complex needs.
You will teach a class of students with various needs. The school benefits from excellent staffing ratios, small class sizes and a highly personalised approach to learning. Due to the success of the School, they are expanding the team and this is an exciting time to join. The class consists of no more than 7 pupils from KS1 and 2 and the needs are complex. Behaviour can on occasions be challenging but to combat this the class is supported by 3 full time TAs and there are clear strategies in place for each of the children. Many of the students will be non-verbal so alternative communication systems are used such as PECs. You will deliver a highly adapted curriculum, sensory based, to develop students basic skills in Maths and English and Fine Motor Skills, and all subjects across the curriculum.
As a Class based Teacher you will plan, develop, and coordinate individual curriculum programmes for your class. You will implement whole class and smaller group learning activities and continuously assess pupil's progress their specific learning goals. You must be creative, adaptable and a good team player!
You will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Previous experience of teaching students with needs, including SEN / ASD / SLD / MLD / PMLD
- Strong knowledge of the UK national curriculum
If this sounds like you, and you have the skills, experience and attitude to work with Key Stage 1 / 2 children with SEN, then I'd love to hear from you; either you can apply here or contact us directly on 020 3841 0777.