Job Title: SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Mitcham, London
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £80 - £100 Per day
We are looking for a compassionate and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to join at a primary school in Mitcham. The successful candidate will work alongside the class teacher to support children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) on a one-to-one basis or in small groups.
- Assist the class teacher in planning and delivering lessons that meet the needs of children with SEN.
- Provide one-to-one support to children with SEN, ensuring that they are able to access the curriculum and make progress.
- Use specialist knowledge to support children with different needs, including those with behavioural, emotional, and social difficulties, as well as those with learning difficulties, communication and language difficulties, and physical disabilities.
- Work with children on social skills, behaviour management, and emotional regulation.
- Support the child's access to the school's facilities, including playgrounds, lunchtime, and after-school clubs.
- Previous experience working with children with SEN.
- Knowledge of SEN and strategies to support children with a range of needs.
- A patient and compassionate approach to working with children.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- An understanding of safeguarding procedures and responsibilities.
- A relevant qualification, such as a Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or an equivalent qualification.
- Experience using Makaton or other forms of communication aids.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other relevant pre-employment checks.
If you are passionate about working with children with SEN in this amazing school in Mitcham and want to make a positive impact on their lives, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send your CV to Pedro @ Reeson
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%