Full-Time SEN Teaching Assistant - Mainstream Primary School, Wimbledon SW19 - Reception Class - October Start
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a compassionate and dedicated Full-Time SEN Teaching Assistant to join a mainstream primary school located in Wimbledon, providing vital support to two children in the Reception class who have special educational needs. This rewarding position is available for a September start.
As a Full-Time SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting the educational and personal development of the two children with special educational needs. Your dedication will help create an inclusive and nurturing learning environment, ensuring that both students have the opportunity to thrive academically and personally.
SEN Teaching Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to the two children with special educational needs in the Reception class.
- Assist the children with learning tasks, adapting materials and resources to suit their individual learning styles and abilities.
- Implement personalised strategies to support the children's social and emotional development, helping them feel included and confident in the classroom.
- Collaborate with the class teacher and the SEN team to develop and implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs) tailored to the specific needs of each child.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting engagement, participation, and a love for learning.
- Monitor the children's progress and provide regular feedback to the class teacher and parents, ensuring that all stakeholders are involved in their learning journey.
- Support the children with any personal care needs, ensuring their well-being and safety throughout the school day.
SEN Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- Experience in supporting students with special educational needs: You have prior experience working as a SEN Teaching Assistant or in a similar role, providing support to students with special educational needs in a school setting.
- Empathy and patience: You possess genuine compassion for children with special educational needs and can demonstrate patience and understanding when supporting their individual requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: You can effectively communicate with children, teachers, parents, and colleagues, building positive relationships and fostering open lines of communication.
- Teamwork and collaboration: You are a team player, willing to collaborate with the class teacher, the SEN team, and other support staff to ensure a cohesive and effective support system for the children.
- Relevant qualifications: Holding relevant qualifications, such as a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or other relevant SEN qualifications, is desirable.
- Enhanced DBS check: You are willing to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, ensuring eligibility to work with children.
This is a full-time position, offering an invaluable opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of two children with special educational needs. The school provides a supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
If you are a compassionate and dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant seeking a October start in a mainstream primary school, supporting children in the Reception class with special educational needs, we invite you to apply for this rewarding opportunity. Join the caring team at this school and make a lasting difference in the academic and personal development of the children. We look forward to receiving your application and discussing this role further.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%