Full time - September 2023
To provide for the educational, social, moral, spiritual and cultural development for each individual child in the class allocated for each specific academic year.
* Qualified teacher status
* National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination (desirable but if not achieved a commitment to obtaining this within 2 years)
- Responsibility for SEND/ FSM/ LAC/ EAL/ PP and Higher Potential provision - working closely with staff, parents and carers, and other agencies.
- Professional guidance to colleagues with the aim of securing high-quality teaching for children within identified groups.
- Collaborating with the wider SLT so that learning for all children is given equal priority, and available resources are used to maximum effect.
- Leading and coordinating provision for the Hearing Resource Base Liaising with external agencies.
- Leading on medical policies and day-to-day provision of policies.
- Carrying out the professional duties of a teacher
- Being determined to ensure all pupils achieve their full potential, are engaged and are ready for the next stage of their education
- To assist the SLT in the leadership and management of the school and be operation onsite lead where required.
- Play a significant role in setting aims and objectives for the school and in formulating the School Improvement Plan along with the Head Teachers, Governors and other senior members of staff, and actively and consistently promote those aims Lead the performance management and development of the Teaching Assistants.
- Maintain an informed view of standards and of the quality of provision across the school for all identified children; achieve this by monitoring pupils' work, teachers' planning and the delivery of interventions.
- Be a deputy designated safeguarding lead and take on any roles/functions that the role entails.
This school benefit from an onsite Hearing Resource Base, a very supportive team and collegiate ethos. Alongside this the forward-thinking SLT are passionate about a Child-centred approach towards a Diverse, supportive and passionate community of learners. The Head encourages research driven and innovative approach to development making this school an exciting place to work!
Should this SENCO role be of interest please do not delay in contacting Bonnie from REESON ASAP to discuss the role and application process further.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.