- SENDCo Teacher required for Hackney, East London
- MPS/UPS + Inner London Weighting + TLR1A
- January 2022 start date.
- Highly desirable school excellent support.
- Full time SENDCo position
- Strategic Leadership of SEND policy and provision
About the school looking for a SENDCo:
This hugely popular East London school are keen to secure a dedicated, outstanding and inspirational SENDCo for a SENDCo role within a highly regarded SEND faculty. The successful SENCo will play a key role in the next phase of the school's development.
Main SENDCo responsibilities:
- Initiate, formulate, direct, monitor and evaluate additional needs provision, to secure a culture of effective intervention, high expectation and achievement for pupils with SEND, so that all learners are known, valued and understood.
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of the Academy SEND Policy, in order to raise achievement of SEND pupils
- Contribute to the leadership capacity of the Academy
Additional SENDCo Responsibilities
- Identify, adopt and communicate the most effective teaching approaches for pupils with SEND Monitor teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of pupils with SEND
- Identify and co-ordinate the teaching of study skills that will develop pupils' ability to work independently
- Co-ordinate the SEND provision across the Academy through effective information sharing, collaboration and communication with Heads of Department and Heads of Year
- Liaise with other schools to ensure continuity of support and learning when transferring pupils with SEND
- Together with appropriate staff such as the Head of Student Services and Head of Behaviour and Engagement, develop effective ways of overcoming barriers to learning with regards to pupils with SEND
- Co-ordinate the early identification of pupils with SEND and play a leading role at the Academy's Multi-Disciplinary Meetings identifying SEND resources and interventions to support the academic and well-being of pupils in the Academy.
- Co-ordinate communication passports giving pupils with SEND a strong voice in how they learn best and ensuring this is communicated to key staff responsible for the learning of a pupil with SEND.
- Create opportunities to support parent and carers through SEND workshops and coffee morning.
- Be adequately trained and be able to deliver ASDAN programme to KS4 pupils.
- Be able to plan, deliver and teach either English or Maths lessons to Year 7 pupils.
About the school looking for a SENDCo and what they can offer you:
- The school offers a world class education for boys and girls aged 11-19, in a modern state of the art building that opened in September 2010.
- They will provide a welcoming, caring and stimulating environment with excellent teaching facilities.
- There are pupils who strive to maximise their achievement and are fully supported by parents who work with us in partnership.
- The school has excellent transport links; 5 min walk from the bus stop or 7 min walk from Manor House tube station which serves the Piccadilly Line.
- There is a high-quality teaching staff fully committed to supporting pupil's academic and personal development.
- There are excellent opportunities for your own professional development
- The believe that qualifications open doors but are only part of the story.
Contact Reeson Education now to apply for this excellent SENDCo post.
Please apply now!
Reeson Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the core values of honesty, integrity, and excellence. We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.