- LSA/SEN TA vacancies
- Assisting ASD students in a primary classes
- 6 pupils in a class with 2 x Teaching Assistants
- Immediate start, full time position for the academic year
- Weekly CPD courses available
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and development
- Daily rate £75-£90 per day
A unique Special Needs school with a community feel, in the London borough of Hillingdon, West London is recruiting a number of new Teaching Assistant staff. The successful applicants will join a highly successful team and start as soon as possible. You will be responsible for assisting a primary aged boy small with ASD in class. The student doesn't react well to females and can be aggressive towards women; since he has these tendencies and given that the job will entail some personal care (feeding, changing etc.) the school are ideally looking for a male TA but females with the experience, skills and resilience to work with this student are welcome to apply.
About the School
This Hillingdon SEN school itself is very friendly and small but well resourced, with the best available resources to support creative multi-sensory teaching and learning. Starting either in December or January, the successful LSA/SEN TA will be offered a long term full time role until the end of the academic year with the possibility of a permanent contract.
The school will invest heavily in your development and encourages career progression/professional development through regular CPD training. Permanent contracts will be offered to those who distinguish themselves this year - this is the way the school has recruited their TA staff for the last 4 years and the vast majority of those appointed in this way do get contracts
- Caters for children aged 4-19 years old
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted
- In partnership with local schools that regularly use the training facilities available
- Outstanding leadership team who encourage in-house career progression
- On site therapists, physical therapists and specialist trained support workers
- Expansive grounds for play and environmental learning
- Local transport links that are easily accessible on foot and school car park on-site
In order to be considered for this role, the Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have experience working with ASD (essential)
- Have experience working with SEN (essential)
- Hold either a minimum Level 2 or Level 3 qualification in either education or childcare (desirable)
- Have proven experience working within nurseries or schools in a UK-based classroom
- NQT, experienced UK and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%