REESON Education is working in partnership with a lovely independent primary school seeking a strong and committed Teaching Assistant to work as a Year 1 1:1 TA.
The child is of high ability but has some fine motor and speech & language needs which mean he cannot record as fast as his thoughts flow. This leads to some frustration and sometimes difficult behaviours. He functions well in the mainstream classroom but would benefit from someone to guide and challenge him academically as well as intervening before he becomes frustrated. He would also benefit from supported playtimes.
The successful candidate will be joining a very successful school with a collaborative team of educators and supportive senior leadership team. The school is looking for someone who is passionate about children's development and has patience and understanding for working with children with SEN.
The SEN Teaching Assistant position:
- Year 1 one-to-one support
- Full time position (8:30am to 4pm daily)
- ASAP start
- Long-term supply role (ongoing temporary contract)
- Independent primary school
- Situated in Wimbledon, south west London
- Popular and highly regarded school
- Excellent school-home relationships
- Well-connected to the local community
- Great public transport options
Minimum requirements to apply for the SEN Teaching Assistant position:
- Experience as a LSA/TA in UK schools
- Experience supporting SEN; in particular motor skills or SLCN experience an advantage
- An up-to-date DBS, ideally registered with the update service
- Two teaching related references from last two employers
Due to the urgent nature of this role, interviews will happen as and when suitable CVs are received. Please don't delay in sending your CV to Dereck at REESON Education.
REESON Education is London's premier teaching recruitment agency. Est. in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professional and recruitment specialist we have built our business on our core values of Honesty Integrity and Excellence.