REESON Education is currently seeking a SEN teaching assistant for a friendly primary school situated in Lewisham, South East London. The successful candidate will be joining a school recently rated 'outstanding' in all areas by Ofsted and is home to eager pupils who engage well in lessons. The SEN teaching assistant role will be to support children with hearing impairments and use both British Sign Language (BSL) and Makaton to communicate. The successful TA will be supporting children from EYFS through to KS2. The school is looking to appoint on a on a long-term supply basis ASAP.
The Teaching Assistant role:
- SEN teaching assistant
- Supporting children who are deaf or have hearing impairments
- Knowledge of BSL or Makaton is essential
- Supporting across the school - EYFS to KS2
- Start date: ASAP
- Daily rate up to £90.00 per day
- Rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted
- Modern teaching and learning tools throughout all classrooms
- Supportive and collegial staff and senior leadership team
- Fantastic CPD opportunities
- Well connected by London public transport
What you'll need to apply for the Teaching Assistant role?
- Previous experience as a TA or LSA within UK primary schools
- Experience supporting children with BSL or Makaton
- An up-to-date DBS, ideally registered with the update service
- Two teaching related references from your last two employers
Interviews for the SEN Teaching position will happen ASAP so, please send your CV to Dereck at REESON Education or call 0203 841 0777.
REESON Education is London's premier teaching recruitment agency. Est. in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professional and recruitment specialist we have built our business on our core values of Honesty Integrity and Excellence.