- Immediate start
- Competitive rates of pay
- An ambitious and fast growing school
A Teaching Assistant is needed ASAP in a dynamic Secondary school in South London.
This Teaching Assistant post can be full time or part time. Working hours are 8am to 4pm.
The school is keen to appoint a Teaching Assistant on a full time, long term/permanent basis.
If you secure the job, you will expected to meet all standard Teaching Assistant responsibilities, as well as uphold the ethos of the school. You will need to be able to support pupils across all key stages and subjects.
General responsibilities will include but not be limited to; assisting lower attaining pupils in class, working 1:1 with specific SEN pupils and carrying out brief refresher sessions for particular groups of children.
Primary responsibilities for this Teaching Assistant role will be centred around providing pupils with effective support in the core subjects (English, Maths and Science).
Overtime, additional responsibilities and specific timetables can be provided, in order for you to further hone your skills.
The rates of pay for this Teaching Assistant position will be between £70 to £100 a day, depending on the qualifications and experiences of each candidate.
The school is part of the GLF Schools, a Multi Academy Trust. GLF is an abbreviation of the Trust's motto, which is "Where Children Grow, Learn and Flourish."
Ofsted recognised the following during their April 2019 inspection:
- "Pupils feel safe in school."
- "Pupils say that bullying is rare."
- "Pupils reflect upon and develop their respect for the views and beliefs of others. They say that the school is effective in encouraging respect so that everyone is treated equally. They acknowledge diversity as a strength of the school."
- "The arrangements for safeguarding are effective ."
- "Leaders understand fully their duty to keep pupils safe and are thorough in this area of work."
- "Support for pupils' emotional well-being is strong."
- "Pupils are given opportunities to develop their self-confidence through classroom discussions and through other activities."
- "Leaders use the additional funding for pupils with SEND effectively. Since September 2018, leaders have developed and improved provision."
- "Teaching is most effective in English. Teachers use their good subject knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject to engage pupils' interest. Lessons are well planned and provide pupils with appropriate challenge."
- "Leaders have a strong understanding of the needs of pupils whose circumstances may make them vulnerable."
- "The school is generally orderly, and pupils are courteous towards each other and adults."
- "Despite the large school site, pupils are punctual to lessons."
- "Displays in classrooms are bright and purposeful and they are used to promote literacy. They help to create and promote an attractive working environment."
- "Leaders have identified and responded to the acute need for pupils to read frequently and widely. Reading is promoted around the school."
Applications are welcome if you are a recent graduate or experienced Teaching Assistant.
You are also welcome to apply if you are a British trained Teaching Assistant or overseas trained Teaching Assistant.
All applicants must have the following in order to be considered for this position as a Teaching Assistant:
- Right to work in the UK
- Clear and up to date Enhanced DBS
- UK Bachelor's Degree or overseas equivalent
- Experience of working with children/young people from the ages of 11 to 16
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity in education and training as a Teaching Assistant, then please apply via the link below and send your CV to Rahul at REESON Education as soon as possible.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.