Teaching Assistant, North London
A Primary School, located in the vibrant community of Hornsey, North London, is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant to work one-on-one with a boy who has ADHD. This role is available for an immediate start.
About the School: This Primary School is a respected and inclusive educational institution that values the diverse backgrounds and abilities of its students. The school is committed to providing a nurturing learning environment that fosters academic and personal growth.
The Role: As a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in providing individualised support to a boy with ADHD. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the student in maintaining focus and managing impulsivity during lessons and activities.
- Implementing strategies and interventions to promote positive behaviour and minimise disruptive tendencies.
- Collaborating with the class teacher and SENCO to develop and implement personalised learning plans tailored to the student's specific needs.
- Providing academic support, guidance, and encouragement to ensure the student reaches their full potential.
- Incorporating the student's passion for sports into the learning process, fostering engagement and motivation.
Requirements: To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Proven experience working as a SEN Teaching Assistant or in a similar role.
- A strong understanding of ADHD and familiarity with strategies for managing attention and behaviour.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build a positive rapport with the student and the wider school community.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to adapt teaching techniques to suit the student's individual needs.
- A genuine passion for supporting children with special educational needs and a commitment to their holistic development.
What We Offer:
- A supportive and collaborative working environment that values the contributions of every team member.
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on the educational journey of a child with ADHD.
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise in supporting children with SEN.
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are a dedicated and compassionate individual with experience in supporting children with ADHD, we would love to hear from you. Join the Primary School and contribute to creating a nurturing and inclusive learning environment.
To apply for the SEN Teaching Assistant role, please submit your CV and contact Kevin at Reeson education.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%