Teaching Assistant - Immediate start - Barking and Dagenham
- SEN Teaching Assistant for immediate start
- Successful and friendly SEN School
- Autism / SLD / PMLD / SLCN
- Barking and Dagenham
- Up to £95 per day
This beautiful, diverse and inspiring Special Needs School is looking for a skilled and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 and small group basis with children with complex special needs.
Teaching Assistant - Immediate start - Barking and Dagenham / The School:
- This School strives to ensure that all children are secure, happy and enjoying their learning!
- Children at this School have complex needs, many are diagnosed with SLD, PMLD, ASD, SLCN and Physical Disabilities.
- There are a wide range of needs and the students are grouped based on ability levels and set individual and relevant targets for each child.
- The School leadership understand that every child is different and therefore will need a different approach!
- Staff are creative, passionate and committed.
- Classes range from 6 - 8 students, each of these classes have the support of 3 adults who work closely as a team to support pupils.
- There is a focus on Speech and Language Development, providing excellent specialist support for children with speech difficulties.
- A large number of the students have Autism and there is a focus on sensory teaching; facilities and building have all been refurbished as of this year and the opportunity for sensory learning is great.
- Students with Physical Disabilities are also effectively supported with a wheelchair accessible School layout with lifts and ramps, therapy pool and mobility interventions.
An excellent place to join if you are passionate about finding different ways to engage and teach children with special needs.
Teaching Assistant - Immediate start - Barking and Dagenham / The Role:
- You will be required to be adaptable, working with different groups of students each day.
- Supporting the class Teacher, you will help deliver learning activities, encouraging students with their academic progress and also managing behavior in class.
- You must be able to deal with students on a 1-1 level and use different techniques for differentiating and breaking down the work when needed.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in supporting students with complex needs and be familiar with PECs and/or Makaton, although this is not essential.
- The chosen candidate will have an understanding and empathy for students with special educational needs.
This is an ongoing temporary contract starting immediately, based in Barking (Barking and Dagenham borough). Please apply below without delay!
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%