A great Secondary School in North West London are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support students in their brand new purpose built Autistic Unit.
The School - North London (Teaching Assistant)
- Great Secondary school that offers its staff brilliant support and its pupil's fantastic teaching.
- Brand-new purpose-built site, developed to offer ASD pupils the best access to education as possible
- Stable, strong and dynamic leadership team
- The school are regarded as extremely successful in nurturing talent and encouraging inquisition
- Collegiate to the school which makes for an inclusive working environment.
- Large, inclusive support department that caters for students with all types of SEN.
Person Specification, Teaching Assistant
- You will need to have worked as a Teaching Assistant in a Primary or Secondary School and have specific experience working with students on the ASD spectrum
- Experienced candidates are encouraged to apply as the school could offer opportunity to develop the role into a position with responsibility for a team.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a mixed ability primary or secondary School.
- If you have worked in Key Stage 2 in primary Schools or Key Stages 3 & 4 in Secondary Schools the role will be ideal for you.
- You will have good ASD knowledge and some experience of PECS and Makaton
- Ability to work well as part of a large multi skilled team.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ambitious and driven
- Bright, energetic individuals who either have experience working in secondary schools or who are educated to degree level and have an interest in working with SEN children/young people are very successful at this school
- Support and training will be provided by both the school and us here at Reeson Education. The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Intelligence
- Experience in a Classroom, Social Care or Youth work setting
- Good Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- A Positive, Proactive, Professional, Friendly and Outgoing Personality
About the Role - Teaching Assistant
- Chance to start in a brand new purpose built school environment with all of the latest equipment and facilities.
- Working with students in all Key Stages
- Rewarding opportunity to affect change and development
- Ability and understanding to help the student use her walking/standing frame.
- Support through a range of subjects - interesting and varied role
- Plenty of scope for promotion and development within the role as student number increases.
When you apply for a Teaching Assistant role with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.