Outstanding Girls Secondary School in Harrow seeks an organised Graduate or Teaching Assistant starting in September 2021.
- Outstanding Girls School, Ofsted rated
- 37% GCSE grades 9 - 7 (inc. Eng & Maths)
- 87% A Level grades A* - C
- Teaching Assistant
- £18,659 - £24,568
- Permanent contract, September 2021
'Learning today: Leading tomorrow' underpins their vision for all members of their diverse, vibrant community.
To realise the vision they are determined to be;
- an inspirational, inclusive learning school, with the highest expectations, where each person is enabled to achieve their personal best
- a community and family centred school where they work in partnership to empower, support and prepare young women with the resilience to meet local, national and global challenges
- a safe happy school, appreciative of their natural environment that recognises and aims to meet the diverse educational, social, physical and emotional needs of every individual
- a reflective and responsive school where strong and inspiring leadership is promoted with students and staff at every opportunity
- they encourage each girl to develop a wide range of skills and interests, to achieve her personal best and to work co-operatively with consideration for all members of our learning community at all times.
The School aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for each pupil which will help her achieve her best, develop her confidence and encourage her to be a thoughtful and active member of society. They consider that their aims for their pupils are best achieved through a close partnership between school and home, and they work together with parents to ensure their daughter's success.
SCHOOL INFORMATION - Teaching Assistant
The school is based in a welcoming and tranquil area in Harrow and was rated as "Outstanding" by OFSTED in its most recent inspection. It has been designed to provide high quality education on offer at every stage of the 'all through school' for the youngest children in the Primary Phase through to our Sixth Form. Since opening in 2008, they grown to become one of the most successful schools in the country as it has gained an excellent reputation for the learning focused education offered to their students.
This Secondary School prides itself on an excellent all-round education that its students leave with, many of whom go on to higher education and skilled vocational employment. They have strong relationships with the local community and parents/carers of the student body. Their collegiate feel is evident in everything they do and this harbours great relationships with local business and stakeholders who support the school.
The School has as a mission statement 'Opportunities through learning'. They believe that this means that every child who enters the School from Reception through to year 13, should have:
- Opportunities to feel welcomed into a caring and encouraging ethos
- Opportunities to engage in the rich and varied curriculum offered at the school
- Opportunities to have the highest quality of education through outstanding teaching, learning and pastoral care
- Opportunities to feel a sense of belonging by fully embracing all the extra-curricular activities
- Opportunities to engage in learning which develops the character of young people today into the adults we need them to be for the future
- Opportunity to work as a Teaching Assistant in large forward thinking department, with facilities and dedicated support team.
- Working with students in Year 7 - Year 11 through all subject areas
- Would suit a graduate who is looking to gain a year of experience before applying for teacher training.
- An undergraduate degree in a core subject area such as Maths and Science is highly desirable
PERSON SPECIFICATION - Teaching Assistant
- You will need to have worked as a Teaching Assistant in a Primary or Secondary School environment or be a graduate looking to gain experience before applying for teacher training.
- Ability to work well as part of a large multi skilled team.
- A good team player, who has a can do attitude and sense of humour
- Bright, energetic individuals who either have experience working in secondary schools or who are educated to degree level and have an interest in working with children/young people are very successful at this school
- A passion for working with young people
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Intelligence
- Experience in a Classroom, mentoring or coaching setting
- Good Literacy and Numeracy Skills
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.