SEN HLTA - Higher Level Teaching Assistant:Primary SEN HLTA (Higher Level Teaching Assistant)
Outstanding SEN School - OfSTED
London Borough of Barnet Long Term/Temp to Perm Opportunity
This is a modern well resourced and highly respected Special Needs school in Barnet that caters to students aged between 3 and 11 with a wide range of complex and profound learning difficulties. These include severe autism, complex medical conditions, physical and mobility difficulties, as well as severe developmental delay. The school benefits from a modern purpose built building that offers the latest and best resources for the students.
The school is a friendly, warm and highly supportive environment to work in. The Headteacher would like to stress that they are seeking an experienced SEN HLTA who has the skills to step up and cover PPA sessions across the school in classes across the whole range of learning needs. This post would be a great opportunity for an overseas trained teacher to use as a stepping stone into a teaching role for September when the school is expanding by an additional 3 classes.
The SEN HLTA Job:
- This is a long cover starting ASAP on a time sheet basis.
- You will be supporting in lessons for 50% of your timetable and leading classes for PPA (all lessons planned) for the other 50% of the week.
- Mixed needs Primary ASD, SLD and PMLD classes
- Pupils are using PECS, Communication Boards Makaton and i-Pad adaptive technology for communication.
- You will be expected to undertake all the responsibilities of a permanent member of staff including attending staff meetings/training
- There is the potential for a permanent contract further down the line to step up into a teaching post for those applicants with QTS or QTS pending
The ideal SEN HLTA:
- Good location in relation to Barnet or the Northern Line
- Qualified HLTA Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Diploma (Level 4) or Overseas Trained Teacher who can obtain QTS
- Experience supporting pupils with Autism, Severe Learning Difficulties and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Recent UK SEN school experience
- Valid DBS
- PECS and Makaton Skills
- Good References
- Available ASAP
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%