Reeson Education are currently recruiting teaching assistants to work in an inclusive special needs school in Slough to start immediately or from September 2023. This inclusive school are currently recruiting teaching assistants with/without experience who are comfortable working with students with special needs and are keen to make a positive difference to students learning. As a teaching assistant you will be working with students on a one-to-one basis or within a class where you will work collaboratively with the team, supporting students in numeracy, literacy, cooking, hand eye coordination, speech & language, and recreational activities such as cooking, sports, music & art. In addition, you will receive on site training throughout the job to help you meet the students needs more effectively and also help students to achieve their individualised targets.
If successful, the role will be till the end of the academic year with the option of continuing into the September 2023/2024 academic year.
- Full time - Monday to Friday
- Long term opportunity with job security
- Working one to one or in class ranging from 6 - 8 students per class
- Working either with early years, primary, secondary students or post 16 students
- Supporting students in numeracy, literacy, hand eye coordination, art, sensory based lessons & speech & language development
- Working in creative lessons such as music, art, P.E. and cooking and outdoor activities
- Supporting the teacher
- Breaking down the work to meet the students needs and enable them access the work
- Working alongside goals and ensure students meet their academic/development targets
- Promoting a positive behaviour
- Comfortable working with special needs
- Professional and committed to a full time position (time term only)
- Confident in managing verbal behaviour
- Proactive and engaging
- Ability to use their initiative
- Team Teach Training
- Experienced consultant to advise and help prepare for new opportunities
- Opportunity to be trained during the role as well as receive CIPD online as standard.
- Supportive school
- Excellent transport links
- Additional shifts optional
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply or send your CV Alternatively you would like to be considered for other roles in Slough or neighbouring boroughs or would like to be considered for September 2023/24 roles please also send your CV.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%