Year 5 teacher
Your role at year 5 class teacher will be to take on the teaching of general subjects, in accordance with the School Teachers Professional Standards, to a Year 5 class as well as pastoral and administrative duties in respect of pupils in this class and responsibilities in the school.
A friendly four-form entry school with excellent facilities and transport links into central London, located a short walk from the station. It is extremely well resourced with excellent facilities including a modern ICT suite, a large playground and bright and airy classrooms. The school was rated 'good' by OFSTED with features of 'outstanding', and has benefited from a stable leadership team that provide a calm and relaxed atmosphere that strives to meet the needs of all the pupils and the teachers. In addition, there are fantastic opportunities for career progression and continued CPD on offer.
Other professional requirements
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with professional colleagues and parents.
- Participate as required in meetings with professional colleagues and parents in respect of the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- Be aware of the need to take responsibility for your own professional development.
- Participate in duty rosters, including taking assemblies.
- Participate in the school's arrangements for performance management and other professional development activities.
- Safeguard the health and safety of all children.
To be eligible for this position you will have a recognised teaching qualification (Bachelor of Education or PGCE) and hold QTS (or be eligible to apply for this). In addition, relevant Key Stage One (KS1) teaching experience is essential, preferably within a Year 1 or 2 teaching environment. Two references will be sought prior to interview.
For more information about this exciting Year 5 Class Teacher opportunity please forward an updated CV as soon as possible.