- Immediate Start
- North West SEN School
- Friendly School
- £70 - £90 per day
Are you looking for a fresh challenge?
Would you be interested in working with special needs children?
Do you want to part of a team that delivers real change in the lives of students and the community they come from?
Are you compassionate, intuitive resilient, compassionate, calm and committed?
Do you like fast paced work that is really rewarding and interesting?
Do you have experience of children with any of the following needs?
- Communication difficulties
- Complex Learning Needs
Do you have training in any of the following areas?
- Team Teach/MAPA/PRICE
- PECS/Makaton - Communication Tools
The ABA Assistant Job:
I am seeking an ABA Assistant or TA with a proven track record working with challenging students to join a fantastic small special school in North West London. The school is for pupils with Autism and Severe Learning Difficulties.
- Under the supervision of Class Teacher you will deliver 1:1 and small group teaching to pupils in the class based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and the Analysis of Verbal Behaviour. You will support pupils in group lessons, using strategies in-line with pupils' behaviour plans and targets.
- Positively and consistently managing challenging behaviour in-line with pupils' behaviour plans and recording all incidents in accordance with school policies.
- Supervising and supporting pupils to ensure their safety at all times.
- Attending to personal, health and hygiene matters and keep records/write reports when necessary, in liaison with the Class Teacher.
- Occasionally support staff may be given responsibility for dispensing medicine, in all circumstances the VB Group Lead/Class teacher should be kept informed.
- Be aware of and comply with Brent Specialist Academy Trust (BSAT) policies and procedures.
- Report all concerns to the appropriate person and record information in respect to all school policies with particular attention to: Child protection and Safeguarding, Health, safety and security, Confidentiality and Data protection.
- Undertake data collection as directed by the Class Teacher and VB Tutor to aid with assessment and planning.
- Assist with displaying pupils' work under direction from Class Teacher.
The school was opened as a satelite provision in 2017 with the backing of the local authority and a number of schools providing support at the inception stage. It will be a fully recognised new school by September as part of a federation of SEN schools. It is in a temporary building which is spacious and well equipped through to 2021 when it will move to a purpose built new permanent home.
Through their specially developed approach to teaching, coupled with high expectations and effective partnerships with parents, pupils who have a range of emotional and learning needs make rapid progress.
- The purpose of the curriculum, and every interaction with and between pupils, at is:
- To ensure that all pupils have an equal right to access all parts of the curriculum at a stage that is relative to their developmental level
- To promote the spiritual, moral, cultural and physical development of all pupils
- To use scientifically proven behavioural interventions on a 1:1 adult/pupil basis targeted at clearly defined goals for each individual pupil, ensuring progression, continuity and coherence in learning
- To enable each pupil to become as independent a citizen as possible and to actively promote and increase public understanding of all those interested or involved in education within the school community.
This is a school that will invest heavily in your personal development and pay a competitive salary. There is also a good social side to the school with a number of fun social activities linked to other schools in the local area that have grown organically with Yoga and Zumba sessions once a week for around £2.50, a group who go swimming weekly, surprisingly a weekly ukulele club (no? me neither) and a healthy sized group decamp to the local pub on a Friday to toast the weekend!
This is a well run, supportive and friendly school and the students are lovely although they need a lot of support with social interaction and their learning.
Apply today for immediate interviews!