Maths Teacher Vacancy
Fantastic Hamsptead based Independent Prep school, teaching pupils from EYFS - KS3 are seeking a Head of Maths Teacher to join their school on a permanent basis from Sept 2021.
The role would suit a confident Maths teacher who is ambitious, enjoys working within a busy and successful school and strives lead a the core curricular area across the school.
- Hampstead, NW London
- September 2021 - Start.
- Full time and permanent Maths Teacher
- Senior Leadership Team Member
- TLR and competitive salary available
Teaching and Learning responsibilities for this Maths Teacher post:
- Have a detailed knowledge of the Maths curriculum, including knowledge of the skills necessary for successful entrance to Senior Schools at 11+ and 13+, including scholarship examinations;
* Oversee the teaching of Maths from Reception through to Year 8, including regularly reviewing schemes of work and ensuring that colleagues are teaching Maths in accordance with high quality planning and delivery expectations;
* Ensure continuity and progression through (and between) each year group;
* Evaluate pupils' progress, achievement and attainment through detailed record keeping, intervening where necessary;
* Contribute fully to the Annual Progress Report and SEF, using external standardised data to evidence excellent attainment for students in Maths;
* Monitor the standards of behaviour and achievement across the department through regular work scrutiny exercises and contributing to the school's Quality Assurance processes;
* Be a proactive participant in regular Heads of Faculty meetings, contributing positively to discussions and acting on agreed action points;
* Establish good relationships, encourage good working practices and support and lead teachers in the Faculty;
* Oversee all aspects of the Faculty organisation and management, in order to ensure that school policies and practices are being delivered;* Work with the SEN Department to ensure that every boy is able to access the curriculum and make progress in line with his ability;
* Support the Deputy Head, Academic with the formal induction processes for new members of staff within the department and proactively share and develop departmental resources;
* Understand the need to take responsibility for their own professional development, including (but not limited to) keeping up to date with research and developments in pedagogy and/or in the subjects they teach, by attending at least one relevant CPD event each year;
* Co-ordinate and oversee the organisation of school visits and extra-curricular activities within the department, including participation in external Maths related competitions.
* Chair regular Faculty meetings with colleagues teaching Maths * Complete and update on an annual basis all relevant risk assessments and departmental health and safety policies, and ensure circulation to department;
* Oversee report writing for the Maths Faculty, including quality controlling the content and accuracy of reports
This is an exceptional school with many outstanding achievements, which is located within a highly desirable part of Camden, NW London. The students' progress is consistently excellent and pupils often achieve scholarships into London and the UK's top Independent schools.
About Reeson Education
Reeson Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the core values of honesty, integrity, and excellence. We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
Please apply for this Maths Teaching (HOD) role with an updated CV ASAP to Bonnie at REESON Education - Interviews will be taking place imminently, and successful candidates will be contacted within 48 working hours.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.