Reeson Education are currently seeking a SEMH Primary Teacher for September 2019 for a well-established PRU (pupil referral unit). We are looking to appoint a highly motivated SEMH Primary teacher to work well in a team who has a strong commitment to child-centred approaches, within this SEMH School for children who are diagnosed with SEMH, ASD, complex needs and challenging behaviour aged 5 - 11 years. You will need to be fully qualified teacher (NQTs and overseas trained teachers will be considered) and able to provide two recent referees.
The position is available for September 2019 but the role could potentially start earlier for the right person. They are looking for an experienced teacher or for an NQT Primary teacher new to the profession, or new to special education, who is seeking a fresh challenge. The school has a highly effective induction and training package to support all new members of staff.
If you can prove your abilities at a Pupil Referral Unit or alternative provision you are more likely to be offered a permanent position. The post is initially for a long-term position but once you have proven your skill sets and ability you will be offered a permanent contract.
Applicants must have:
- QTS or a recognised Teaching Qualification
- A DBS Certificate or be prepared to have a new check completed
- Two professional reference checks
The PRU are looking for:
- Recruiting a Primary teacher or NQT in Primary who would plan and deliver lessons to KS1 and KS2 pupils.
- Teachers who have good classroom management abilities
- We are looking for a committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role
- Experience working with SEMH or PRU pupils is desired but not essential.
- Adaptability is required as you will be dealing with small classes of challenging pupils
- Looking for progression
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Reeson Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Reeson Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Reeson Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.