Role: SEN Teaching Assistant
Pay: £80 to £100 P/D
Start date: ASAP
Reeson Education are currently looking for an experienced and dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a student who has Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) at our primary school in Haringey. The right candidate will also need to have experience supporting pupils with diabetes. This position is working 5 days a week, for 30 hours per week.
SEN Teaching Assistant Responsibilities:
- Provide 1:1 support to a student with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in a mainstream primary school setting.
- Assist the student with their individual needs, including social, emotional, and academic support.
- Monitor the student's progress and provide feedback to the class teacher and SENCo.
- Work collaboratively with the class teacher, SENCo and other professionals to ensure that the student's needs are being met.
- Support the student in their participation in school activities and outings.
- Monitor the student's behaviour and provide appropriate intervention and support when necessary.
- Ensure that the student's medical needs are met, including monitoring, and administering medication for diabetes.
- Keep accurate records of the student's progress, behaviour, and medical needs.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as required.
SEN Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- Experience working as a teaching assistant or support worker with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and diabetes.
- A strong understanding of ASD and the strategies required to support pupils with this condition.
- The ability to work effectively with the class teacher, SENCo and other professionals.
- A compassionate and patient approach to working with children with special educational needs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour and respond appropriately to difficult situations.
- A willingness to attend training sessions.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.