SEN Teaching Assistant - Supporting a Child with Challenging Behaviour and ADHD
Are you a compassionate and resilient Teaching Assistant with experience in supporting children with challenging behaviour and ADHD? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated Full-Time Teaching Assistant to join a primary school in Dulwich, providing vital support to a child with specific needs. This position is available for an asap start and could be part time or full time.
About the SEN Teaching Assistant Role:
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting a child with challenging behaviour and ADHD in their educational and personal development. Your dedication will help create a positive and inclusive learning environment, ensuring the child has the opportunity to thrive academically and socially.
SEN Teaching Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one support to the child with challenging behaviour and ADHD, implementing targeted strategies to help manage behaviour and engagement in the classroom.
- Adapt learning materials and resources to suit the child's individual learning style and abilities.
- Collaborate with the class teacher and the school's SEN team to develop and implement appropriate support plans and interventions.
- Monitor the child's progress and well-being, providing regular feedback to teachers and parents.
- Foster a positive and supportive relationship with the child, promoting their self-esteem and confidence.
- Work closely with other teaching assistants and support staff to create a cohesive and effective support system.
SEN Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- Experience in supporting children with challenging behaviour and ADHD: You have prior experience working as a Teaching Assistant or in a similar role, providing support to children with challenging behaviour and ADHD in a school setting.
- Empathy and resilience: You possess genuine compassion for children with specific needs and can demonstrate resilience when supporting challenging behaviour.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: You can effectively communicate with the child, teachers, parents, and colleagues, building positive relationships and fostering open lines of communication.
- Teamwork and collaboration: You are a team player, willing to collaborate with teachers and other support staff to ensure a cohesive and supportive learning environment.
- Relevant qualifications: Holding relevant qualifications, such as a Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification, is desirable.
- Enhanced DBS check: You are willing to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, ensuring eligibility to work with children.
This is a full-time SEN Teaching Assistant position, offering a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. The school provides a supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
How to Apply:
If you are a compassionate and resilient SEN Teaching Assistant looking for an ASAP start in a primary school in the Dulwich area of SE London, supporting a child with challenging behaviour and ADHD, we invite you to apply for this rewarding opportunity. Join the caring team at this school and make a lasting impact on the child's educational journey. Please submit your updated CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role.
We look forward to receiving your application and discussing this role further.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%