Primary School SENCO - Mainstream Primary School - Wandsworth SW18
An opportunity has arisen for a dedicated and experienced SENCO to join a thriving mainstream primary school situated in Wandsworth SW18. This full-time position is available for a September start, with potential for 3 days per week for the right candidate.
As the Primary School SENCO, you will play a pivotal role in leading and coordinating the provision for students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Your responsibilities will include overseeing the identification of SEND students, coordinating assessments and interventions, working collaboratively with teachers and support staff, liaising with parents and external agencies, and ensuring that the school's SEND policy is effectively implemented.
SENCO Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the strategic planning and development of the school's SEND provision, ensuring it meets the needs of all students.
- Coordinate the identification and assessment of students with SEND, working closely with teachers, support staff, and external professionals.
- Develop and implement effective individualised education plans (IEPs) and support strategies for students with SEND.
- Provide guidance and support to teachers and support staff in implementing appropriate teaching strategies and accommodations for students with SEND.
- Collaborate with external agencies, parents, and carers to ensure effective communication and partnership in supporting students' needs.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of students with SEND, monitoring their progress and evaluating the impact of interventions.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in SEND legislation, research, and best practices, and disseminate this information to staff as appropriate.
- Ensure that the school's SEND policy is effectively implemented and that the school meets its statutory obligations in relation to SEND.
- Relevant qualifications and experience: You hold a recognised qualification in Special Educational Needs Coordination (SENCo) and have experience working as a SENCO in a primary school setting.
- Strong knowledge of SEND: You possess a deep understanding of various special educational needs and disabilities, including relevant legislation, assessment methods, and interventions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: You have excellent communication skills, enabling you to effectively liaise with students, parents, teachers, and external agencies. You can provide clear and constructive feedback, build positive relationships, and facilitate effective teamwork.
- Leadership and management skills: You can lead and manage the provision for students with SEND, coordinating support and resources, and guiding colleagues in implementing effective strategies.
- Commitment to inclusive education: You are passionate about promoting inclusive practices and ensuring that all students have access to a high-quality education that meets their individual needs.
- Flexibility and adaptability: You can adapt your support and strategies to meet the changing needs of students and the school community.
- Enhanced DBS check: You are willing to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, ensuring eligibility to work with children.
This is a full-time position, offering a competitive salary and the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives and education of students with SEND. The school provides a supportive and collaborative work environment, with opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
If you are a dedicated and experienced SENCO seeking a September start in a mainstream primary school in Wandsworth SW18, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join the thriving team at this school and contribute to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment. We welcome applications from candidates seeking 3 days per week for the right candidate. We look forward to receiving your application and discussing this role further.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.