A thriving and diverse school located near Chertsey is seeking to recruit a graduate teaching assistant to work 1:1 supporting a pupil in Key Stage 2.
The school are looking to appoint an enthusiastic teaching assistant to 1:1 with an ASD Pupil. As a focused ASD Teaching Assistant, you will undertake a variety of duties throughout the week, splitting your time between Year 1 & 2. You will be supporting specific children on the autistic spectrum with their learning in Reading, Writing, Phonics and Maths. This will also require small group interventions to target specific learning goals and monitor their progress.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who has the following attributes:
- Strong behaviour management
- A variety of communication skills to respond to the needs of the child.
- Empathy and understanding of children's individual learning abilities
- Patience and a good sense of humour
- Willing to go the extra mile for the children in their care
This thriving, successful school has:
- Brand new facilities
- Consistently high standards
- Eager children who are keen to learn
- Approachable headteacher
- Forward thinking school
- Supportive governors and parents
- A commitment to providing a creative curriculum, including extra curricular activities
If this Teaching Assistant role sounds of interest please send your CV to Luke at Reeson education today.