Salary: Competitive Based On Experience
School hours 08h30 to 15h30
Some of the roles and responsibilities for this Teaching Assistant position:
- Help setting the classroom up in between lessons as well as assisting the class teacher with any needs
- Supporting children who need extra help to complete tasks
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- Helping with outings and sports events
- Taking part in training
- Carrying out administrative tasks
This Teaching Assistant role will require you to support pupils with any individual needs as well as potentially working on a one-to-one basis, while others work in small groups. Many schools employ teaching assistants with particular specialisms, including literacy, numeracy, special educational needs (SEN), music and creative arts. If you are bilingual, you might do more work with children whose first language is not English.
Experienced and trained Teaching Assistants can be expected to supervise a class for a teacher who is off sick or undertaking training. While every class must be allocated a qualified teacher, higher level teaching assistants (HLTAs) would be expected occasionally to lead a lesson.
Applications are open and we are actively recruiting now in anticipation of the re-opening of schools. If you'd like any further information on the role, please contact Jack on 02038410777 /
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.