SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Tooting, London
Working Hours: full-time, 5 days per week
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking a caring and enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistant to work with nursery age children who have special educational needs / Autism in a mainstream primary school located in Tooting, London. As a SEN teaching assistant, you will be providing support to these children to help them achieve their full potential and provide a positive learning environment for them.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with children who have special educational needs ideally autism, and a strong understanding of the needs and requirements of these children. You will be working closely with a team of professionals to ensure that the children receive the best support possible.
SEN Teaching Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- To work alongside the class teacher to support children with special educational needs / Autism
- To help plan and deliver interventions to support individual pupils
- To assist in the monitoring and tracking of pupils' progress
- To provide personal care where necessary
- To ensure that the learning environment is safe and engaging for all pupils
- To maintain positive relationships with parents and carers
SEN Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- A passion for working with children with special educational needs
- Experience of working with children with SEN, particularly in a nursery or early years setting
- A good understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A relevant qualification in childcare, education or SEN is desirable but not essential.
We offer a supportive and inclusive working environment, with ongoing professional development opportunities. If you are an experienced and compassionate SEN Teaching Assistant who is committed to improving outcomes for children with SEN, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to Carl at Reeson Education.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%