- SEMH Teaching Assistant
- Specialist Alternative Provision School
- Key Stage 4
- Full Time Position
- Long Term Contract
- Start ASAP
- Based in the heart of Wandsworth, this 'good' caters for pupils aged 11-16 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH) or who have been excluded from mainstream education.
- The school was recently inspected and again received a "Good" inspection report.
- Good transport links
- The school is based across 2 sites, split into a KS3 pupil referral unit and a KS4 pupil referral unit, with both sites housing a division for students with SEMH.
The Teaching Assistant Role
- This fantastic Wandsworth school is looking for a teaching assistant to work 1:1 with students at key stage 4 who may require additional support in their lessons.
- You would be assisting the subject teacher in a class of up to 8 students.
- The students will be following a curriculum of English, Maths, ICT, Science and Personal and Social Development (PSD) in addition to being offered a range of vocational and non-vocational subjects.
- At this level, the pupils are working below the national average and so to be successful in the role of Teaching Assistant you would need to be supportive, energetic and enthusiastic in order to help the students reach their potential.
The Teaching Assistant Candidate
- As a Teaching Assistant, you would need to motivate students, boost self-esteem and promote the social and personal development in pupils around the school.
- The successful candidate must display excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with students, teachers, parents/carers and other support staff, and having a good sense of humour would be beneficial.
- Prior experience in working with children with challenging or disruptive behaviour would be desirable although the school does train all staff in de-escalation techniques and Team Teach.
- Local to Wandsworth or the surrounding boroughs
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%